• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Strap Stager

okccj

Anyone tried out the strap stager yet? Looks like something that might make things just that much easier to hang a platform.

Yep. Just got it last week and I won't be using it. It might be helpful with a heavy stand like the Alpha. But I thought it was completely unnecessary with my beast stand and just added an extra step for no reason

1 thing I carry when I go hunting is a length of paracord with a teeny prusik and baby biner. It's main purpose is just a quick gear hanger....I keep it in my pocket and I'll girth to a tree and hang my vest or bow etc when I need to take a breather. When I used a hang on stand I would install the paracord when I was standing on the top step, adjust the prusik to where I wanted the stand and clip the stand with the biner. Now the stand is hanging there off the paracord and I can use 2 hands to work the strap....with my metal saddle hunting platform I have a small length of paracord ties to the platform and again with the tiny prusik but instead of a biner I have rubberized twist tie. When I'm on the top of the climbing method I twist tie to my linesman's belt so the platform is hanging there and I have 2 hands to work the strap. With my soft platform I just squishy the platform between my knees and the tree trunk so I can use both hands. U more than likely already have all the stuff laying around to make a little platform prepositioner. Ur suppose be have ur linesman and tether hooked up before stepping on ur platform so it's pretty easy to just twist tie and adjust to the right height using that linesman rope that's right there already

Screenshot_20210807-202957_(1).png

I have one and I will be using it. I don’t really care how light or heavy a stand/platform is. The fiddle with holding a platform whilst trying to get a strap around a tree is in the past. Hang the strap then it’s a piece of cake to flip the loops over your button and cinch the strap down.

I have one and I will be using it. I don’t really care how light or heavy a stand/platform is. The fiddle with holding a platform whilst trying to get a strap around a tree is in the past. Hang the strap then it’s a piece of cake to flip the loops over your button and cinch the strap down.

On a straight tree with few branches, positioning the strap and platform is no biggie, but I seem to rarely hunt those types of trees. Usually I'm in something that's twisted with limbs all over the place where I'm having to contort my body. This might make those situations easier.

I’m the same. Hardly hunt straight light poles. Just the balancing of the stand alone, even without obstruction or contortion is not enjoyable to me.

I ordered one and just got to set it up and try it out today.

I have always done the gear tie to LB before on a Trophy Line Mission platform and never had a problem.

The thing that sold me on the strap stager is the ability to put it exactly where I want it and then set it up quickly. No rotating the entire strap, buckle and platform at once. I also like that I no longer have to wrap any strap or buckle around the platform anymore either.

Either method will work well and I can see how some people won’t want to get one. But once you set it up and do it three or so times, it’s pretty nice. It’s like doing/undoing a bra. First time takes hours. Once you figure it out, it’s the greatest clasp ever invented. But I know some of you won’t get that analogy.

I've been trying the strap stager out. For me, it works better in principal than in practice. Probably won't be using it.
Hearing other guys love it, but didn't provide enough of an advantage to me.

I've been trying the strap stager out. For me, it works better in principal than in practice. Probably won't be using it.
Hearing other guys love it, but didn't provide enough of an advantage to me.
I agree. It’s right at fifty fifty for me. I’ve tried it at ground level about 20 times and at height about 10 times. The main benefit “for me” is the lack of noise and it’s packability compared to having to wrap the strap around the platform. Both minor items.

Time wise “for me”, just keeping the strap on the platform is faster and less moving parts. But Im never in a rush, so time doesn’t bother me. Safety does. I have had zero safety issues utilizing either method.

It is nice to be able to rotate the platform exactly where you want it and the strap stager packs away easily in any pocket or pouch which can be nice also.

If you did get one and didn’t like it, I could see them selling in the classifieds easily.

Another possibility is that you have multiple platforms, you only need one strap for all of them which is nice too I guess. I have a Mission and a Seeker.

More crap to fiddle with… I will pass.
I really don’t get this take. It literally lives on my strap. I already have to hang it with my stand. So how is it more to fiddle with?

My experience is I hang my strap with my stand on my back. I then take the stand off my back, flip the loops over and cinch the strap. I no longer have to try to balance the stand while getting that last loop around the bottom. I don’t have to fiddle with the strap after it slides down the tree before getting it tensioned. It removes a bunch of wrestling with a stand to get it hung.

Seems like a no brainier, but then again…

I really don’t get this take. It literally lives on my strap. I already have to hang it with my stand. So how is it more to fiddle with?

My experience is I hang my strap with my stand on my back. I then take the stand off my back, flip the loops over and cinch the strap. I no longer have to try to balance the stand while getting that last loop around the bottom. I don’t have to fiddle with the strap after it slides down the tree before getting it tensioned. It removes a bunch of wrestling with a stand to get it hung.

Seems like a no brainier, but then again…

Never had a problem hanging a stand with my lineman belt on. My strap lives on the versa button only the buckle side ever comes off.

Looks pretty neat.
I wonder if it could work for a ROS?
Sometimes I fumble around with them up in a tree for a while and sometimes I get it right on the first try...

Looks pretty neat.
I wonder if it could work for a ROS?
Sometimes I fumble around with them up in a tree for a while and sometimes I get it right on the first try...

Yeah, I've had a couple of hunts where more time was spent setting my steps than time with my feet on them.

Back