• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Synchronized Binder Attachement

jhunter13

SH Member
I picked up a synchronized binder attachment for my LU563 clone. After overcoming the initial learning curve and some setup frustrations, Im finally getting some solid results.

I plan on using it for tight corners and inside corners on things like back pack straps and gear.

7d2f2e75e78fe6679065c93e1c36bf92.jpg

4mm foam with 500d cordura on each side
12f5ad40b09fc3a0c1652faff63efdc5.jpg

6mm foam with 1" grosgrain
80595d4491f39e88c4b7d126efbb8fe9.jpg

Video in action

How much does the binder attachment run and is it easily removable or do you have a dedicated machine?

How much does the binder attachment run and is it easily removable or do you have a dedicated machine?
Ill add a link and what I paid tnite.

As for removable the arm its magnetic. It pops off in seconds. It does require a different needle plate, feed dog and presser feet to operate the arm - so that takes a few minutes to swap out. I dont think you need a dedicated machine, but Id stack your binding jobs to avoid a lot of back and forth.

With that said, you can swing the arm out of the way and simple sew as is, but I prefer the other needle plate and presser feet.

Very clean work! There’s some folks on this site that would gladly hire you to be their sew shop!

Very clean work! There’s some folks on this site that would gladly hire you to be their sew shop!
Appreciate the compliment, but Im still way more blacksmith than machinist when it comes to stitching.

Everything was ordered from khsew.com

KHB01 Magnetic Arm $62
KH1510-NPB/FDB Needle Plate/Feed Dog $42
KHF2 Raw Edge Binder $14.30
KP1510B Binding Feet $19.30

Looks nice. How do you finish the end? Do you have to cut the grosgrain before it goes through the binder? How do you keep the cut end from fraying?

You have me looking at binders for my machine but I don’t see anything that says synchronized. Any idea if the stationary binders can do radius like this?

Looks nice. How do you finish the end? Do you have to cut the grosgrain before it goes through the binder? How do you keep the cut end from fraying?

You have me looking at binders for my machine but I don’t see anything that says synchronized. Any idea if the stationary binders can do radius like this?
Ive ended it several different ways....none I am all that happy with yet. I burn the cut end with a lighter to keep it from fraying

Last edited:
Back