• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tether Prussik Knot alternatives

Mag1

I think there are some other threads about some of the alternatives, but for some reason I cannot find them. I am looking for some alternative knots. I have tried the VT, Swabish, and have a Distal currently, but have not actually hung from it yet. Any other options Knot wise? I also use a tender so I can attempt to one hand the adjustments. one issue I have is if the rope gets damp/wet, it likes to get pretty tight and becomes hard to move.

my tether is predator, the prussik cord 8mm ocean.

just looking for other options to try.
thanks

BUT, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE TYING THEM. YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!! Sorry for yelling, but it could save your life or save me or one of my brothers from coming to rescue you.

My tree crews taught me a martin just yesterday but i would have to google it now lol
But they like it

that Martin ties up nice. have to go sit on it for a bit. Thanks for the info.

Michocan (Blake's with eyes)it has become my go to hitch for just about everything. What ever hitch practice,tie, set and dress.

Michoacan and martin are same right? Also called gripping sailor’s hitch i think

The difference between Michocan and gripping sailors is the direction of the wraps.

I know also it is very popular to use with the Ropewrench- tends well and grips reliably if tied correctly- keep both legs the same length.

Back