• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd “one stick” step for 1” tubing?

Thedevine

I’ve been waiting for a minimalist step/platform to come out that replaces just the top step on any 1” tube style climbing stick. I am personally only wanting 1 of these steps for the top stick however tethrd is using them for every step. I did reach out to Dano and hope someone can make something similar as an add on for those of us that already have 1” tube sticks. Who’s going to make it first?

Attachments

• 917C7EB9-4E67-4189-9599-4F75F888567B.jpeg
    917C7EB9-4E67-4189-9599-4F75F888567B.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 208
Uh, have you seen the Scout solo? Dan O sells the one that fits a 1” tube stick. Just ordered mine Friday night. I have one on a helium and it works great.

Last edited:
Uh, have you seen the Scout solo? Dan O sells the one that fits a 1” tube stick. Just ordered mine Friday night. I have one on a helium and it works great.
I have considered the scout however I would like stacking sticks with a top step/platform that I can attach backpack straps to comfortably. The scout doesn’t seem conducive to this as it looks like it would dig into your back.

Last edited:
If you put the scout on only one of your sticks, stack that stick on top. Your other sticks should stack underneath.
I could be wrong but backpack carrying the scout on a stick against your back would seem uncomfortable with the way it sticks out... I’ve considered this with other top steps like the artisan designs top step platform etc but it is also a separate part not including the stand off. The artisan however looks like it would be more comfortable to carry against your back as opposed to the scout. I would think we will see more top step/platform options come down the pipe as you can’t beat climbing stick speed and efficiency. This thread was meant to spark ideas as I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to top step run and gun platforms!

Look how clean @swampsnyper s scout stick packs. Mine packs well too and I don’t have the rotating standoffs. You’re over thinking this.
a100d2fabac7e7db746847a1b2d75170.jpg

im kind of lost on how two strips of aluminum there is going to make it any better for your feet? your toes will be already against the tree making it uncomfortable. I could be wrong tho

im kind of lost on how two strips of aluminum there is going to make it any better for your feet? your toes will be already against the tree making it uncomfortable. I could be wrong tho
What are you referring to? Scout or the tethrd sticks?

Look how clean @swampsnyper s scout stick packs. Mine packs well too and I don’t have the rotating standoffs. You’re over thinking this.
a100d2fabac7e7db746847a1b2d75170.jpg
I should have been more clear... I’m trying to eliminate a backpack altogether by just using the straps... KISS

Last edited:
I’m also a ring of steps user so I’m used to not standing on much... the new tethrd one stick step for all intents and purposes Is the perch on a climbing stick. I used dano’s parts In the comparison pic because his stand offs look to be large allowing more foot space.

Last edited:
Yea I agree it isn’t going to do squat for you if you are a leaner and if you’re sitting you don’t need a platform for your feet anyway.
I agree but using this in conjunction with steps for off side shots would put allot of side pressure on the top steps of a standard climbing stick.

Thanks, this picture shows exactly what I mean by the scout digging into your back!

Ah it just lays there and doesn’t dig in. Have to have some points of contact on you.

I’ve had the artisan and it’s great if you sit. If you lean like I do you will welcome a little pressure on the walk vs the pressure on your feet for your entire sit.

And I agreed pair this small platform style with a few steps on ocb is the best of both worlds between ROS and Platforms.

It doesn’t dig into your back and you don’t have have one so you’re only speculating. If you know what you want just go make it. You’re clearly not looking for any substantiated solutions. Good luck with your venture.
I’m looking to get the creative juices flowing... there’s clearly products that can I could throw money at included every one that’s been mentioned so far in this thread... this site is founded on DIY which is allot of speculation...

I’m looking to get the creative juices flowing... there’s clearly products that can I could throw money at included every one that’s been mentioned so far in this thread... this site is founded on DIY which is allot of speculation...

Can you weld aluminum? do you have a EWO stick? I would just weld two strips of aluminum in the spots where the arrows are and youd be good to go.

Back