• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd Mantis for Kestrel/Kite

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenHuntin

Aug 29, 2015
Just received my XL Tethrd Mantis today, played with it and I’m just not sure it is for me.

Would like to play around with an Aerohunter saddle to see how I like them. Would consider trading for a size 2 gray Kestrel or size 2 Kite, preferably a Kite.

Let me know what you’ve got.

Aeds151

Aug 16, 2018
I am curious as to how easy it is to connect and disconnect the “G Clips” on the micro adjusters, to the pre sewn loops compared to clip buckles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenHuntin

Aug 29, 2015
I am curious as to how easy it is to connect and disconnect the “G Clips” on the micro adjusters, to the pre sewn loops compared to clip buckles.

Very easy, really like that setup - super easy and quiet

BenHuntin

Aug 29, 2015
Why don't you like the mantis?

I like the Mantis, I just have a large butt and I just can’t seem to get completely comfy like I can in my Ambush saddle - just not as much material. Honestly, I could make it work just fine. It’s just that I already have a comfy option that I really like and I want to play around with a few currently manufactured models to see what I like best.

Here is a pic to show the size difference from my modified TL Ambush. 44CC042A-084C-4714-9D3D-C6511387B20E.png

Jasper2

Nov 24, 2014
Indiana
Wow that is a big difference! Wish I could help you out but my Kestrel is only a size 1. I will tell you this though, it appears that XL Mantis has less material than my size 1 Kestrel. Maybe I better rethink the sizing if I ever buy a Mantis.

Reactions: BenHuntin

BenHuntin

Aug 29, 2015
Wow that is a big difference! Wish I could help you out but my Kestrel is only a size 1. I will tell you this though, it appears that XL Mantis has less material than my size 1 Kestrel. Maybe I better rethink the sizing if I ever buy a Mantis.

Yeah the Mantis is definitely a more minimalist saddle.

Carcher87

Jun 20, 2017
I cant wait for reviews of kestrel and mantis users to compare unbiased.

Sorry lets not derail this... Here is a mantis saddle that everyone has been "waiting forever for" So why isnt it sold yet.... Sell this good sirs saddle.

Reactions: BenHuntin

Nick Grider

Oct 2, 2017
Just received my XL Tethrd Mantis today, played with it and I’m just not sure it is for me.

Would like to play around with an Aerohunter saddle to see how I like them. Would consider trading for a size 2 gray Kestrel or size 2 Kite, preferably a Kite.

Let me know what you’ve got.
What is it that you aren’t satisfied with? Just wondering because I use a kestrel and love it. I’m curious if it’s comfort? The g clips? Bridge?

BenHuntin

Aug 29, 2015
I feel like it’s sliding up my butt. The trophyline I have completely cradles my whole backside and I think I have gotten used to that. The mantis fits, just personal preference I think. E43BF81B-FA6D-4CD5-AF26-79CFD8BD83FF.png

swampsnyper

Mar 10, 2015
Warrior, Al
I feel like it’s sliding up my butt. The trophyline I have completely cradles my whole backside and I think I have gotten used to that. The mantis fits, just personal preference I think. View attachment 6394

I’m thinking I’ll have the same problem. I like my Kestrel loose and riding down low to cradle my butt. From the looks of it, my concern with the mantis has always been that it is design for the NoAssAtAll hunters. That’s why I haven’t sold my Kestrel. Even though I’d like to get rid of all that bulk. I’ll make my decision when my mantis comes in. I don’t think it’s a fit all saddle, but it’s good to have options.

Reactions: Craig S

Nick Grider

Oct 2, 2017
I could see that. I used to hunt out of a trophy line and it’s like hunting out of a hammock.

BenHuntin

Aug 29, 2015
I would be interested in that mantis if you're selling.

I will let you know. I’m trying to get my hands on a kestrel or Kite for even trade. I had a kestrel and I feel like it cupped a little more than this Mantis, so I’d like to try it again

hauscaliber

Jul 14, 2018
I have a size 1 kite with a decent size butt and it fits perfect. My waist size is 32". If I had a size 2 I would consider swapping with the Mantis for a couple weeks just to try it out. Always good to try other stuff to see what works best for you.

AntlerAddict76

Apr 9, 2018
I feel like it’s sliding up my butt. The trophyline I have completely cradles my whole backside and I think I have gotten used to that. The mantis fits, just personal preference I think. View attachment 6394

Do you have the micro fit adjusters on that mantis? Mine was delivered last week but I ordered some of those adjusters, and was told they weren’t ready yet.

BenHuntin

Aug 29, 2015
Do you have the micro fit adjusters on that mantis? Mine was delivered last week but I ordered some of those adjusters, and was told they weren’t ready yet.

I had some g-hooks and 1” triglide sliders and made my own with mil-spec webbing

Status
Not open for further replies.