• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd one stick…… one sticking aider

Buckhorn70

SH Member
Who make an Aider for the Tethrd one sticks for “one sticking”? The aider that will attach to the bottom step.

You just need an aider that works on a Tethrd One. Nothing special about a “one sticking” aider, other than it has multiple steps but many use multi step aiders on their first stick when using multiple sticks. RealDealAmsteel makes one https://rdaoutdoors.com/products/tethrd-one-fixed-aider
There’s also the Ultimater that you could use with a friction sleeve over the step. Good Luck!

Yea….. I prefer one that is strap material ands not Amsteel. Like you said….. that will hook on the bottom of the Tethrd One stick.

Really looking something that loops into the bottom step on the ONE stick.

I ordered one from Backwoods mobile gear, but it hooks onover the step. You could always figure a way to permanently attach it.

Go with one from CGM or EWO. Either of these guys is great to deal with and get their orders out quickly.

https://www.customgearmodifications.com/product-page/tubular-webbing-aider.

I like this style like CGM's because he uses PEX for the step stiffener.

Jerry is a great guy to deal with also. Outstanding with customer service and with answers to questions to make sure you're getting what you want made.

Here's an Ultimaider like someone else suggested.

Tell them you want yours made with tri-glide buckle attachment. Like in the fourth photo CGM link.

You can just make your own ultimaider with supplies from EWO:
3- 60" pieces of tubular webbing
6- 1" webbing glides (Australpin)
4- Ultimaider links
Steps are 3/8" pex

Going to use this till I get the other Aider. It's a Yates speed wall aider, with a double loop treestand strap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105_144233_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_144233_Gallery.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 27
Is it not recommended to use a simple loop style aider around the post with these sticks? I’ve used one on a couple of hunts with no issues with the one stick but I don’t want to continue if there is a weakness at the juncture of the step/standoff and tube.

No-one makes one, including Tethrd. Hmmm.
The EWO continuous loop aider is made for use with the Tethrd One Stick among others; however, I’m not aware of any official correspondence or product information regarding the use of aiders and the One Stick or am I missing something?

The EWO continuous loop aider is made for use with the Tethrd One Stick among others; however, I’m not aware of any official acorrespondence or product information regarding the use of aiders and the One Stick or am I missing something?
I don't think many companies are gonna say it's ok to use aiders. I heard Dan talk about that before on a podcast he said Beast sticks ware not tested for aiders they could put stress on the sticks.

@SRT Saddle Hunter, in his stick review on his YT channel mentioned his use of an aider on the One-Stick and it didn’t go well apparently. I think aiders like the EWO continuous loop aider which requires you to place the weight on the actual step is ok to use but wrapping a a simple climb rated loop around the center post or tube is the issue…… is what I’m gathering.

@SRT Saddle Hunter, in his stick review on his YT channel mentioned his use of an aider on the One-Stick and it didn’t go well apparently. I think aiders like the EWO continuous loop aider which requires you to place the weight on the actual step is ok to use but wrapping a a simple climb rated loop around the center post or tube is the issue…… is what I’m gathering.
Yeah and Dan did say on beast sticks he didn't recommend aiders. When asked he said on the steps if he was gonna use one.

Back