• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd one stick climbing attachment to Saddle

67elmustang

SH Member
This one‘s a head scratcher for climbing up.
Tried the paracord loop to Kydex clip and dropped the stick while climbing.
Hows everyone attaching sticks for climb!!

I have one paracord loop on my last stick and use the Kydex molle clip. No issues for me. Perhaps make your loop longer? It would take more effort to knock it out it would seem.

I “tactically acquire” my wife’s stretchy hair ties, girth hitch it through your molle loops and attach a small s-biner. Next tie paracord, d-loop style across the top step using the straight cross bars on either side of the post. Leave your loop big enough that you can get your hand inside it and it makes a nice carrying handle for short trips into/out of the woods.

I use a 3D printed clip on my Phantom saddle, 2nd molle loop on my right hip. Then I took a small piece of leftover Amsteel, made a loop for my stick, and hang that on the clip as I climb. Not sure what caused your stick to drop, I’ve used this method 25ish times this year with no issues. Granted I don’t use Tethrd One Sticks, (I use Beast Mini Sticks and hold the 2 I climb with together with a gear tie), so don’t know if the way the One Sticks attach to each other is why they fell

I hold the other two in my teeth as I climb :grimacing:

JK. I use basic cord loops on the sides and back of my saddle. Have yet to find a stick or a platform that can’t be easily attached for climbing using those loops. I have yet to figure out why people are turning to engineering design software and 3D printers to find solutions for this. But to each their own.

Yep...I have a good size loop of paracord girth hitched to the molle on my saddle. I simply wrap it around the top step of the top stick and there's no way it's coming out of that without manipulation.

I hold the other two in my teeth as I climb :grimacing:

JK. I use basic cord loops on the sides and back of my saddle. Have yet to find a stick or a platform that can’t be easily attached for climbing using those loops. I have yet to figure out why people are turning to engineering design software and 3D printers to find solutions for this. But to each their own.

I’m definitely not a fan of 3D printed holders. In my experience they all end up as broken plastic, but I admit I’m hard on gear. Busting brush with plastic hooks on your side doesn’t end well.

But 2 reasons I don’t like loops - noise & movement. Loops don’t hold the stick(s) secure enough to prevent swinging.

I’m definitely not a fan of 3D printed holders. In my experience they all end up as broken plastic, but I admit I’m hard on gear. Busting brush with plastic hooks on your side doesn’t end well.

But 2 reasons I don’t like loops - noise & movement. Loops don’t hold the stick(s) secure enough to prevent swinging.

Molle Talons. Doubt you’ll ever need it but they will handle 50lb weights. View attachment 75412

I hate them swinging around as well. Ordered some molle talons. Should do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my tether ones on a regular basis. I actually have them hooked to a back pack type strap on my shoulder (the top one that is). There is a gear tie for retention.. but mostly rely on the pins that came with them. Hang one, move up, grab the next one on the bottom. I stopped using saddle attachments as the chance of getting a clang in the dark is likely. I developed this technique with my lonewolf mini a couple of years ago, didn’t see a reason to change.

Had a lightbulb moment on my Latitude classic.
going to use the Classic dump pouch drawstrings around step .

Back