• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The look of failure in the learning curve.

bigjoe

He blew a chance on 2 does yesterday. We had the does come in too our right. They were about 25 yds. He was sitting on my left. I heard them coming and saw them, before he knew what was happening. I tapped him before they stepped out of the swamp. He stepped up and around me. Totally safe. I thought he we was going to shoot and passed up. In his haste yesterday morning he forgot his coat and put on my fleece. The gun stock got hung up in the fleece as he was mounting the gun. It was the first time he was up close to a whitetail. He was totally jacked up afterwards. I wish I could have gotten a picture of that expression on his face. He said that was the most fun he has ever had deer hunting. I asked him if he knew now why I hunted. I let him know when that feeling is no longer there, you are just there to kill. Hopefully, this develops a passion in him for deer hunting. Ground hunting is hard enough, ground hunting with a 13 year old is even tougher. He is a fidget monger.
ab7a771f4c89d4ea0b597b3fe1dd7015.jpg

Last edited:
Good Job. Sometimes it Only Takes One Encounter To Get Them Hooked. It's So Much Fun Watching That Transpire in a Kid,

I am excited for him, only time can tell if he continues and develops a passion for deer hunting. But the look he had on him was priceless after the encounter with the does.

Awesome, sounds like he's been bit by the bug. All you can do is continue to encourage him and hope it keeps up. The hunting memories you'll share together will carry through the years.

Back