• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The mouse about got me!!

Autumnrider

On my last sit of the season,

Forgot my head lamp at home and I went into the hunting area with the use of what little bit of moon light that was available.
I attached my first muddy to the tree close to 7.5 ft and then added my 5 step aider and climbed to top of the muddy. Reached behind me to get the next muddy and aider. Slung the muddy rope around tree and before attaching muddy to tree, I noticed that my muddy stick rope had been nawed 3/4 the way through. Thank goodness for the little bit of moon light.

When I put my JX3 away at the end of the prior hunt, my muddy rope was in good condition, but a mouse had nawed on the rope of my muddy stick before this last sit of season.

Always try to inspect your equipment before and during every hunt.

Ever since I learned of critters' affinity for ropes several years back - I keep any related to climbing or hanging in my house or truck. I've even gotten scared of leaving sets overnight.

This is another benefit of climbing with bolts/rods or the ropes that come with the stepps - they don't seem to attract nibblers.

Yikes! I left a preset out for SRT, basically a climbing anchor and I was paranoid about a little varmint nibbles i climbed super fast lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice catch. Humane society has a sale on barn cats everyday. I employ 3 cats. One in the garage two in the barn. Yes employ they either keep critters out of their respective areas or they go to “the farm”.

Back