• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

The Perch

Just watched a video on YouTube.

Wondering how much it weighs and the price? Can’t seem to find any other info. Pre-sale starts on March 29.

It weighs 1.25 pounds and I think it costs $130ish but not positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have to remember 2 companies need to make a profit and platforms run 150 and up so it is in the price range for what others sell for. Although the Podium is on sale today for $99 bucks.

I also think that because the person making it is a smaller shop it needs to be priced higher so that he doesn't get over blown with orders and cant catch up and also keep making his other products. Look what happened to tethered. Price needs to not be so cheap that they cant keep up.

I think the Perch is marketed to people who already use WE Stepps. It doesn't make sense to carry a single stepp with the Perch. The stepp can't fold or pack down and is bulky. You'd be better off going with a podium or predator. But if you're already carrying stepps as your primary climbing method this is worth every penny. I agree it's high. But I believe it's hand made (what I mean by this is a plant with robots isn't making it). You pay a premium when a single individual put's his hands and heart on it.

We have to remember 2 companies need to make a profit and platforms run 150 and up so it is in the price range for what others sell for. Although the Podium is on sale today for $99 bucks.

I also think that because the person making it is a smaller shop it needs to be priced higher so that he doesn't get over blown with orders and cant catch up and also keep making his other products. Look what happened to tethered. Price needs to not be so cheap that they cant keep up.

Matt at out on a limb is not manufacturing these. It is being outsourced. And only sold through wild edge. Like the above said charge $125 and you sells tons of these.

Last edited:
Matt at out on a limb is not manufacturing these. It is being outsourced. And only sold through wild edge. Like the above said charge $125 and you sells tons of these. $162? Really? I get making money but it blinds people.

Did not realize it was being out sourced...that does change my mind.

Well lets be fair there are more than 2 welds. But these 2 platforms are being sold by different companies. Wild Edge is the only company selling the perch, Out on a limb created it. Some where along the lines there was a deal made. So WE can sell for what they want. I just think over pricing an item you sell less, priced right or close to right and you sell a ton and make more money, less per item but more volume = more profit.

Matt at out on a limb is not manufacturing these. It is being outsourced. And only sold through wild edge. Like the above said charge $125 and you sells tons of these. $162? Really? I get making money but it blinds people.

Out on a Limb LLC is not making the Perch and it's being outsourced where? How do we know this? I can't find this anywhere.

Out on a Limb LLC is not making the Perch and it's being outsourced where? How do we know this? I can't find this anywhere.

ee38999e348ea93ad89a23f8bc2be02b.jpg

It’s being made in Texas, it was posted online somewhere

Correct it is out there but you need to be like us and read everything lol. WE can say it is not over priced but you will not convince me of that.

Back