• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Thinking of selling a LW assault 2

Mag1

wish I would have come across the saddle stuff before I invested in a 2nd LW assault 2. anyways, does anyone know what a good used LW assault 2 would bring? its only been used 2x since I have it, bought it as a 2nd so I could take one my kids along occasionally. But now, thinking of selling it to fund a Kestrel, and I still have my original LW alpha assault if i need to use a stand or take someone along with me.

it has been repainted with Cerekote (baked on fire arm paint), stealth striped, para-cord wrapped, molle waist and should belts/straps, and a 3rd hand bow holder.

any thoughts on pricing? its better than new.

Let the bidding begin. :eek:

I would think $150.00 -$175.00 would be a fair #.

thats what is kind of hard to figure out. I've seen them just the stand go for 150-175, hmmmmm will have to ponder a bit yet.

Do you have a photo? Not interested honestly, just kinda curious what the Cerakote looks like.

My personal opinion is you could maybe ask $20 or $30 more than the going price. I guess the wildcard is the Cerakote, I don't have a clue what that would be worth or why that was necessary. The stealth strips and paracord you probably have to eat most of your time to apply those, I don't like the treestand bowholders, and if were to buy a stand I would probably do my own MOLLE straps anyway because I am weird OCD about other peoples' sweaty stuff.

I'll have to take some, I have pics of my older stand that I redid as well. I used the Cerakote in Tungstan, due to the normal paint wearing off after a couple of years. The Cerakote should never come off. just did a quick craigslist search, I should be able to ask almost full price of new ones based off what I see for current pricing. thanks for the input. Its hard to figure out what stuff goes for at times.

With all the extras no reason you can’t get $200 for it especially if you wait till later in the summer before the season starts when demand will be the highest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A month or so before season opens, $175. Amazon to your door right now for $235... Right now, probably $150. Everyone above got it right on.

I was looking at used ones, everyone wants $ 200.00.
Lone wolf sells them for $250.00 but they have a $50.00 off sale every once in a while. So I was looking for one at $150.00.
Yours has options just not sure someone will pay for the upgrades.
But I am lovin the saddle more and more, I quit looking at hang ons.

Thanks for the input guys. I’ve got a sit drag, just haven’t had time to try it yet, debating about just diving in and getting a kestrel. 1/2 the time I set my LW up on the back side anyways. My RC harness is on the smaller side, once you gear up for a longer sit, so I thought the kestrel might just be the way to go. In the middle of a basement remodel, so funds r short for my fun stuff. Sell a stand, fund a kestrel.

A90EBA73-3883-475A-8AD8-A1F46B8A0760.jpeg A3156FAD-7871-4F13-83A8-A39DC30FDA12.jpeg 88933AE3-2C47-463E-925D-728F6D7C668E.jpeg 8AF6434C-42B1-4248-966E-672BF514BBA2.jpeg some pics, stand has some tweaks, 1” spacers on the cable atta meant at the seat post, longer grade 8 bolt, stealth strip cables and seat post, longer extension on the 3rd hand bow holder. XOP batwing will not come with it.
I’ll have to figure some things out and post it up in the classified.

You should just hack up your assault and make a platform for your saddle with the seat...your easily going to have 200 into a platform if you go that route...

I wasn't quiet sure if I wanted to go that route, platform vs steps around the tree. but I do have an extra chunk of seat post material that could be used, the xop batwing, hmmmm lots of thinking out loud going on.

It makes sense....I put one together with an old style assault seat, a BEAUTIFUL machined post from @Huntingbob and two batwings. Not positive it is the route I'm going to go either, but wanted to put it together so it was an option--I also think there are enough people on here interested in platforms that it would actually be easier to sell a platform than an assault stand if you didnt like it :)

From my experience, you don’t get any extra or not much for upgrades to stand. You might do better selling the stand bare bones and sell the accessories separately.

I would hold it until late August/early September. It will sell fast and at a good price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok, got a good consensus. Will modify my sit/drag for this year, and use the rc harness to see how I like saddle hunting. Will probably make a set of strap on steps, and sell the LW close to season. Seems the most economical way to try it out. Thanks for the input.

Back