• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Those realy are noisy! !

Autumnrider

Raining today so i decided to carry a climber so my hybrid would be good and ready for tomorrow's hunt.
Boy did I regret that decision.
I had forgotten how loud, cumbersome, and unpleasant it was to tote one of those around, boy did it remind me quickly.
Walking and carrying was on thing but when I took this thing apart to place on tree and running the cable into its place, not to mention the noise of aluminum digging into the bark......clang, clunck, ping, snap.crunch
Just going to say, "it's great being a saddle hunter!"

Used my LW sit n climb on my recent hunt. Yes its heavy, but climbing was effortless and the seat was comfy.

Raining today so i decided to carry a climber so my hybrid would be good and ready for tomorrow's hunt.
I had forgotten how loud, cumbersome, and unpleasant it was to tote one of those around, boy did it remind me quickly.
Walking and carrying was on thing but when I took this thing apart to place on tree and running the cable into its place, not to mention the noise of aluminum digging into the bark......clang, clunck, ping, snap.crunch
After not using one all season I carried one on Thanksgiving morning for my daughter to sit in and I had exactly that same feeling. The metal clanging off the small beech saplings while walking, the cable attachment, the clank separating the halves . . . Its amazing how quick we forget.:)

Used my LW sit n climb on my recent hunt. Yes its heavy, but climbing was effortless and the seat was comfy.

I would rather carry a jx3 hybrid
Easy to carry and quiet to carry and as comfortable as any climber
A mantis or kestrel not comfortable as a climber
But quiet and easy to carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
That had to be a work out around that place.
I like the looks of that jx3 Ontario mentioned. The short time I’ve been around this sight has me wanting to upgrade out of the trophy line. I see a mantis or kite or jx3 or kestrel or ___ in my future.

I like the idea of having another option after getting soaked, it was tough on my PA hunt get home late, wash/dry everything and get it all set for the morning, at least another saddle/harness setup would help alleviate that issue.

As said above, it's good having options to fall back on. I've kept one ladder stand, one lightweight hang-on stand, and my LW climber for back-ups but they haven't seen much use in the past few years. A saddle is just so much more convenient, especially when hunting on the fly.

Looks like you need 2 hybrids?

I put a aftermarket molle backpack shoulder straps and waistbelt on my climber. Its a must do. Now carries so nice in that sense. I gave it a second chance the other day and I was able to climb and set up 20 mins faster than saddle set up. It was a little noisy but I liked not having all the ropes and straps to mess with, a platform and sticks dangling from harness and just all the little pieces of gear to deal with. I didnt miss using a sketchy aider either but it was hard to get it through branches and briars as its wider than my shoulders. I just wish I was sold one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my climber it’s very comfortable. I can climb quickly and quite. But it’s heavy and sucks going through the brush. I was actually going to use it this morning but then I seen the wind and I like being in the saddle better in the wind.

I also have a portable tripod, 2 ladders and 2 loc ons. If I ever get some private hunting land they will go up.

I like using the portable tripod over some Crp Fields and power lines.

I like my climber it’s very comfortable. I can climb quickly and quite. But it’s heavy and sucks going through the brush. I was actually going to use it this morning but then I seen the wind and I like being in the saddle better in the wind.

I also have a portable tripod, 2 ladders and 2 loc ons. If I ever get some private hunting land they will go up.

I like using the portable tripod over some Crp Fields and power lines.

I hunt out of a tri on some private in both northern and southern Mi. We call them meat pods. Highly effective.
Saying that this late season I’m going to the ground game with a new ghillie and a Waldrop when it gets here.

I hinted out of my climber this afternoon. Of course it was just the xop climber seat so it was half as much noise and less than half the effort to get it in there. I hated the noise I made with my summit. I would carry it over my head through shoulder high brush to keep it from being noisy. Then after all that mess up and make all kinds of noise hanging it on the tree.

Theres a quite a bit of snow up here. I don't climb trees when its below twenty degrees anymore. I wear snow camo and sit in between clumps of trees on the ground. Its fun having deer within mere feet from you and don't even know your there. Late October I used the LW assault hand climber. Had a knotty tree. Was fine going up but coming down was a nite mare. Struuggled to get the bottom strap around a big knot. It was insanely noisy. Havent used it since. Ill still hunt out of a saddle only if I have a preset tree all bolted up.

my summit really isn't noisey. I take my time setting it up & climbing. Brush isn't bad? have set up on many bedded deer, MIke

I don't think we'll ever beat the comfort of a big climber. My API Grand Slam is unreal. And when it's super cold, and I want to use my Heater Body Suit, the saddle isn't really an option. That's why the API has stayed on the wall of my garage without seeing the woods for 3 or 4 years now. Maybe one day?

I also don't think we'll ever beat the ease of use of a climber. To me, climbing with them is soooooo easy. I hate the setup/tear down/hike with a climber, but if you have good climber trees they're a pretty good option.

Back