• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper drill - mini or not

Scott F

I am placing an order soon and wanted a quick ask of the forum - do I go mini drill or the slightly larger drill from Treehopper?

I intend to buy the cordless drill bit for presets, but for 'non-preset' hunting, is the mini a better option vs the full size drill? Or does the extra 3/4" of length make a profound difference with drilling?

My hunch says get the mini...

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

I have the mini and I love it I don’t see what the extra 3/4” adds...I actually run in to clearance issue with my lineman’s belt at times...but I assume that’s user error

Mini. Buy an extra drill bit as teh tip will eventualy wear out and you wont be able to get a tap.

Ive got two on the way actually to replace mine

I ended up getting a cordless drill bit and the mini drill which comes with a bit installed along with a bag of 25ish bolts.
Mark lives close enough that I can hound him for other bits when that time comes.
Thanks for the recommendations - I am excited to get out there and locate some trees to preset.

Now, if I had more than only one trail camera...

The drill bit was a disaster for me, I could only get about 20 bolts before my 20V dewalt crapped out. I just use the hand drill now, it only takes but a minute

Back