• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treestepper ROS with cambuckle

Pistolpeta

Dec 4, 2022
Hey all,

Trying out the tree stepper ROS for the first time and got one with a cambuckle.
Looking for tips (am I doing something wrong?).

Tried it out today on a maple tree in the backyard and once I got the cam locked as tight as I was able (pulling the strap through as tight as I could, attempting to lock the cam, loosening ever so slightly, try again, until it works), and the steps still are able to freely slide horizontally.

Made a video to show what I'm talking about:
Tried it on a maple tree about 12" in diameter.

Any pointers?

gettingstarted

May 17, 2020
Flip the cam buckle hook away from the tree instead facing the tree.it should get a bit tighter

Also, to avoid sideways movement, you gotta set them. Step/kick on each step from up to down. This move will tighten even more

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pistolpeta

Pistolpeta

Dec 4, 2022
Flip the cam buckle hook away from the tree instead facing the tree.it should get a bit tighter

Also, to avoid sideways movement, you gotta set them. Step/kick on each step from up to down. This move will tighten even more

Will try and set em first next time.
Flipping the cam will work?
hmm, ill have to try it out.

gettingstarted

May 17, 2020
Will try and set em first next time.
Flipping the cam will work?
hmm, ill have to try it out.
It's kinda hard to see in video, but looked to me what your cam hook was facing the tree(maybe my eyes playing tricks on me, hehe)

In terms of setting the step:
I usually place them 2 in higher then desired height to allow " setting distance"

Another nice tip that came from ebhart:
If the tree diameter is quite large- put steps on opposite side of trunk 2-3in higher, then steps on your side of trunk..
When you walk around the tree, and your bridge wraps the trunk, higher ros on opposite side, allows you to stay on same level