• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline Ambush Size L

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenHuntin

Selling a fully-customized Ambush saddle (2006 model). It is in great shape! Weighs 2lb 3oz after the modifications.

Mods include:
-Predator Camo jersey cotton fabric sewn to the outside (it made no noticeable difference in the breathability of the saddle)
-original lineman’s belt/ bridge/leg straps/suspenders have been removed
-a 1” mil-spec tubular webbing belt was sewn on to keep it up on your waist
-1” mil-spec tubular webbing with G hooks were added for leg straps (loops are sewn on the waist belt near each hip to hook into - similar to the Mantis design)
-Petzl ring opens have been added to the sewn loops on each end of the saddle to attach a fixed 24”ish Amsteel bridge. The ring opens have been wrapped in hockey tape

This saddle is super comfortable. I’m sure I will regret getting rid of it, but with my Mantis being delivered 9/15 I know there are plenty of new saddle hunters looking for a good used option for season.

Asking $250 shipped. Text 7654189one62 with any questions or leave them here.

6D82C8CF-7236-4793-8451-B0DDD7C5EEE1.png

Looks legit. I like it, dont need it but like it.

Ohhh, you need it ;) now that I have compared the Mantis and this saddle - don’t tell Greg or Ernie, but the ambush is a weee bit more comfortable. About 1# heavier though. Doing some hard debating on whether to keep it just in case...

I just got a deal on my 2nd kestrel from Rollie to try it again. If i stick with Saddle hunting i might pick up an ambush 1 day as i have heard the comfort is great.

I just got a deal on my 2nd kestrel from Rollie to try it again. If i stick with Saddle hunting i might pick up an ambush 1 day as i have heard the comfort is great.

Absolutely love my ambush!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely love my ambush!!!

I just spent about 40 min hanging in my Mantis playing with every adjustment and I just can’t get close to the comfort of my trophyline. Grrrrrrr, I don’t know what to do. May end up using my Ambush over the Mantis, can’t believe I’m saying this after waiting 3.5 months to get it in my possession. Lol

I preferred my TL over my newly purchased kestrel last season. I gave the kestrel 3 weeks then went back to the TL. Sold the kestrel and have not regretted it at all. The mantis does peak my interest but I’m holding off this season.

Saw that coming. I’ll close it now. Lol enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back