• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline platow pack

cooperwafzig

Any of you running this pack? I hunted with a buddy this weekend out of close tree's for filming this weekend. He used 3 wild edge steps and a 5 step moving aider to climb. What impressed me was the speed at which he was able to go from arriving at tree to up at hunting position. He never had to take his pack off to fiddle with much of anything. The wild edge steps aren't my thing and I'm sticking with some tethrd sticks though. Was looking at this pack and wondering how easy it would be to show up at a tree and be able to grab my sticks off the top or bottom of pack, and then your platform off shoulder area without having to drop or remove the pack. The concept of the pack looks like it wouldn't be hard but wanted some insight from other owners before I try one. Also looks like the sitka tool belt is similar design. I like my kuiu pack but I figure this trophyline pack could be a more streamlined option for when I'm either not hunting very long, or don't need many extra layers.

I liked mine but the shoulder straps are coming apart after one season. Maybe they are stitching them better now. I like the concept but not really impressed with the quality. I went to a exo 1800 and 4800 pack for my hunting needs now. Just put which ever bag on the frame depending what time of year it is. Strap my platform and saddle to frame then sticks to bag. Works good. Sick of crap falling apart. Also have a eberlestock f1 mainframe with batwings. Probably be giving it to my kid when he gets big enough.

Any of you running this pack? I hunted with a buddy this weekend out of close tree's for filming this weekend. He used 3 wild edge steps and a 5 step moving aider to climb. What impressed me was the speed at which he was able to go from arriving at tree to up at hunting position. He never had to take his pack off to fiddle with much of anything. The wild edge steps aren't my thing and I'm sticking with some tethrd sticks though. Was looking at this pack and wondering how easy it would be to show up at a tree and be able to grab my sticks off the top or bottom of pack, and then your platform off shoulder area without having to drop or remove the pack. The concept of the pack looks like it wouldn't be hard but wanted some insight from other owners before I try one. Also looks like the sitka tool belt is similar design. I like my kuiu pack but I figure this trophyline pack could be a more streamlined option for when I'm either not hunting very long, or don't need many extra layers.
I use a Badlands Monster with the exact same climbing set up your buddy has. I also use it with sticks. Sticks go on the bottom and platform depending on size can be attached to the side or top. I never take my pack off anymore which was my main goal. I can send some pictures if needed. Just hit me up

I have one and am getting to know it. I had issues reaching the zippers to get to my necessities while wearing it. That could be on me though. I have a Cruzr Seeker platform and it likes to grab the buckles with the way I have it attached. I will try different spots to find what works best. One thing I can say without question is that the rain flap on the main compartment gets caught in the zipper almost every time I zip it back up. Not a deal breaker, just a pain in the butt. Overall I like the pack and will get used to it the more I use it. Will find out how well it stands up to use as I go along.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I use a Badlands Monster with the exact same climbing set up your buddy has. I also use it with sticks. Sticks go on the bottom and platform depending on size can be attached to the side or top. I never take my pack off anymore which was my main goal. I can send some pictures if needed. Just hit me up
I came across the monster after I made this post. If you could pm me some pictures that'd be awesome.

I have one and am getting to know it. I had issues reaching the zippers to get to my necessities while wearing it. That could be on me though. I have a Cruzr Seeker platform and it likes to grab the buckles with the way I have it attached. I will try different spots to find what works best. One thing I can say without question is that the rain flap on the main compartment gets caught in the zipper almost every time I zip it back up. Not a deal breaker, just a pain in the butt. Overall I like the pack and will get used to it the more I use it. Will find out how well it stands up to use as I go along.

Once I'm in the tree it will be hung up so getting into zippers isn't a major concern for me. I'm thinking my platform wouldn't get hung up much. I have the trophyline edp which I'm guessing is what this pack was built around using. Thanks for your input

I’m running a Platow for second season now. 3 tethrd sticks and predator platform. The only time I have to take pack off is at the end of my hunt to buckle in my sticks to the bottom of pack. Going into I can easily access sticks and platform without taking it out, and I’ve been able to re-attach platform on shoulder straps (gets a little tricky sometimes) without having to take pack off before I descend the tree

I’m running a Platow for second season now. 3 tethrd sticks and predator platform. The only time I have to take pack off is at the end of my hunt to buckle in my sticks to the bottom of pack. Going into I can easily access sticks and platform without taking it out, and I’ve been able to re-attach platform on shoulder straps (gets a little tricky sometimes) without having to take pack off before I descend the tree
That's what I was hoping. I don't mind taking the pack off once I get down from tree but don't wanna have to take it off before I climb

Enough room for early/mid season depending on where you’re at. For me in NJ once it’s cold I just strap my jacket rolled up to top of pack and I do fine. Plenty of space in the pockets.

I'm currently running the platow pack, I just bought it before the season started. I don't really have any complaints at this time but I am adjusting to using a lumbar pack.

I am running 3 beast minis strapped to the bottom of pack during my walk in and out. Once I arrive at base of tree I detach the sticks and set my first stick and clip other 2 onto the saddle. I have a 3 step movable aider that fits perfect into the side zipper pouch on the pack during walk in and out as well. I climb the tree with my platform attached to my pack, when I get to hunting height I can reach out around and unclip all the buckles without ever removing the pack, which I like. Then at the end of the hunt I can put the EDP platform on to the pack while wearing it which is also nice, using the two shoulder straps.

As far as camera gear goes, I have the camera arm base in the outer most zipper pocket (fourth arrow talon). I have my camera arm strapped on the top of the pack, and all camera gear inside the main compartment. So I can access everything I need in the order I would set it up on the tree. If I'm taking in extra layers I just strap the jacket on top of my camera arm.

I made some mods to mine. Made some paracord zipper pulls for the main compartment. Also removed the platform male buckles from the straps and attached them via paracord to the platform. Makes removal much easier and eliminates the possibility of it getting stuck.
669e60a5e1a6f8400eb47694b1aad0b6.jpg
0d494e8c42c9a74af576f1f813609059.jpg

I'm currently running the platow pack, I just bought it before the season started. I don't really have any complaints at this time but I am adjusting to using a lumbar pack.

I am running 3 beast minis strapped to the bottom of pack during my walk in and out. Once I arrive at base of tree I detach the sticks and set my first stick and clip other 2 onto the saddle. I have a 3 step movable aider that fits perfect into the side zipper pouch on the pack during walk in and out as well. I climb the tree with my platform attached to my pack, when I get to hunting height I can reach out around and unclip all the buckles without ever removing the pack, which I like. Then at the end of the hunt I can put the EDP platform on to the pack while wearing it which is also nice, using the two shoulder straps.

As far as camera gear goes, I have the camera arm base in the outer most zipper pocket (fourth arrow talon). I have my camera arm strapped on the top of the pack, and all camera gear inside the main compartment. So I can access everything I need in the order I would set it up on the tree. If I'm taking in extra layers I just strap the jacket on top of my camera arm.
I ended up ordering me one and got it in yesturday. Threw some stuff in the pack and loaded up sticks and platform. Walked around for about 10 minutes then went to my practice tree and went up. I think im going to luke this concept. Just going to take a little getting used to. When I gun hunt private land I'm usually running a small fanny pack/lumbar pack. Being able to get everything ready to climb without taking off the pack is very nice. One day I may try to self film some hunts. Been looking at that fourth arrow baton to start out with.

That is a great idea to put the male buckles on the end of the platform. May have to try it out a bit before I cut the straps off though.

I’ve been running this pack about two years now. One mod I did was replace the buckles with g hooks as the buckles broke on mine. I don’t fault Trophyline for that they’re plastic after all and get brittle with cold weather. I either 2tc or one stick. If I’m one sticking I secure my stick on top and my outer layer on the bottom. If I’m 2tc I secure my platform to the top. When I still had the plastic buckles I could reach back and unclip stuff without having to remove the pack no problem. Other thing I do is secure my bow to the upper shoulder strap loops when I climb so I’m not fighting with a haul line, but a platform will hang from those loops just as easily. I like the size as it forces me to reduce the amount of crap I carry into the field. It’s just large enough to hold vital equipment.

That is a great idea to put the male buckles on the end of the platform. May have to try it out a bit before I cut the straps off though.
I didn't remove the straps. Just cut the stopper loose at the end and removed the buckle. I can put them back on and resew if need be.

I made some mods to mine. Made some paracord zipper pulls for the main compartment. Also removed the platform male buckles from the straps and attached them via paracord to the platform. Makes removal much easier and eliminates the possibility of it getting stuck.
669e60a5e1a6f8400eb47694b1aad0b6.jpg
0d494e8c42c9a74af576f1f813609059.jpg

Moving those buckles is probably a game changer

Moving those buckles is probably a game changer
Definitely makes it easier for me. I use my left hand to reach the bottom of the platform and raise it until I feel the buckles with my right hand. The paracord zipper pulls are alot easier to find in gloves than the factory ones too.

How are you attaching the sticks so you can grab them off the pack individually? I just picked up a platow, running 4 or 5 sticks but theyre all held to the pack by the bottom buckles. If I unbuckled to grab one stick, the other sticks would fall. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

How are you attaching the sticks so you can grab them off the pack individually? I just picked up a platow, running 4 or 5 sticks but theyre all held to the pack by the bottom buckles. If I unbuckled to grab one stick, the other sticks would fall. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
Makes total sense. My response did not lol. When I use sticks I have to take my pack off and hang them individually off my saddle. When I use my WE stepps I do not have to take it off

Back