• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trying saddle in western Va

Turkey1

Jul 5, 2020
Trying saddle hunting this year. Read a lot on here and settled on the following due to budget and positive feedback found here.
20” hawk climbing sticks, recon sling, and tree suit platform.
Amazed at how stable and comfortable they are as well as being lightweight compared to climbing stands! Also feel very secure/safe.
Playing with different tether and lineman lanyard options with things I already had on hand (tree stand harness, 1” tubular webbing, and sterling rit 500 8mm)

thanks for all the information provided here

Reactions: Bigterp

Turkey1

Jul 5, 2020
Thanks. I had seen that and would like to try to attend but I had already signed up for a Ruck-March/hiking event/fundraiser that day so I don’t be able to make it. Hopefully next time

Reactions: Exhumis

Jmarzey

Sep 18, 2019
Georgia
Welcome from north Ga! No room to turn around once you get down this rabbit hole lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkey1

Jul 5, 2020
Crap im.way farther west than you. I thought u was meaning like near Tennessee or Kentucky. You a good ways east of me

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yea I’ve always heard your part of the state referenced as southwest Va, weird how things can be referenced differently in the same state a few hours apart. I’m only 40 miles from Wva so I forget that your part extends farther west

Reactions: Blinginpse

Turkey1

Jul 5, 2020
Welcome from north Ga! No room to turn around once you get down this rabbit hole lol

Yea I seem to be drawn to expensive habits lol. Ive been to north Georgia around Helen a few years ago turkey hunting.

Jmarzey

Sep 18, 2019
Georgia
Yea I seem to be drawn to expensive habits lol. Ive been to north Georgia around Helen a few years ago turkey hunting.

No kidding.... trying to get ready for deer season and trying to get ready to ride the bike to sturgis next week is really stretching the budget lol

Helen is sweet. I’m a little bit further southeast of that. I’m a flat lander ol son