• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tubular Webbing bridge

MathewsShooter7

I finally find my sweet spot at a 24” bridge so after much deliberation I cut my stock Amstel bridge and settled on this. #1 I was getting to much hip pinch with the stock bridge no matter tether height etc. and #2 I hated stepping through the bridge to put saddle on. It is super comfortable now and happy I did it!
9eb8bb8a852b72d8cb774a98b30460fd.jpg

I speed stitched the tag ends and tied them so tag ends are up and don’t catch when sliding through the biner. Anybody seeing any issue with this set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks nice. I think I will copy it. Thanks for posting.
I posted about a webbing loop bridge I made on my sitdrag where I tied and sewed the ends through the bridge loops. I think I will remove one end and put on a carabiner as you did. The loop bridge enables me to have two bridge lengths by just using one or two loops.

It looks nice. I think I will copy it. Thanks for posting.
I posted about a webbing loop bridge I made on my sitdrag where I tied and sewed the ends through the bridge loops. I think I will remove one end and put on a carabiner as you did. The loop bridge enables me to have two bridge lengths by just using one or two loops.
It took me a long time to settle in on the length before cutting and going this route but it is so much more comfortable at that length. I like being able to get it out of my way if I want, I could not stand the stepping in and out of it part anymore either :tearsofjoy:

And I am new to the saddle game and don't wanna be pushing up daisies just yet so I was looking for some feedback that this is a solid set up, so long as i am double checking my biner is on and locked and keeping an eye on the stitched tag ends!

I finally find my sweet spot at a 24” bridge so after much deliberation I cut my stock Amstel bridge and settled on this. #1 I was getting to much hip pinch with the stock bridge no matter tether height etc. and #2 I hated stepping through the bridge to put saddle on. It is super comfortable now and happy I did it!
9eb8bb8a852b72d8cb774a98b30460fd.jpg

I speed stitched the tag ends and tied them so tag ends are up and don’t catch when sliding through the biner. Anybody seeing any issue with this set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious which side your carabiner is on and if you are a right or left handed shooter.

I'm presently waiting on tubular webbing to arrive from Strapworks and I've pondered at length on how I will set it up for my bridge.

I've come to the conclusion that a right hand shooter should have the carabiner on the left and have the lineman carabiner on the right.
Righties tend to need to rotate farther to the left for extreme position on some shots. We dont seem to rotate as far to our right (weak side). We need more "bridge travel" when rotating left, which also cuts down on the chance of tether carabiner meeting the bridge carabiner when we rotate to the limit of the bridge.

Also, the lineman carabiner gets attached and detatched more often while climbing so a right side carabiner (and ropeman opperation) is more natural for a righty.

Also having carabiners on opposite sides insures that they can never clank together.

I'm curious which side your carabiner is on and if you are a right or left handed shooter.

I'm presently waiting on tubular webbing to arrive from Strapworks and I've pondered at length on how I will set it up for my bridge.

I've come to the conclusion that a right hand shooter should have the carabiner on the left and have the lineman carabiner on the right.
Righties tend to need to rotate farther to the left for extreme position on some shots. We dont seem to rotate as far to our right (weak side). We need more "bridge travel" when rotating left, which also cuts down on the chance of tether carabiner meeting the bridge carabiner when we rotate to the limit of the bridge.

Also, the lineman carabiner gets attached and detatched more often while climbing so a right side carabiner (and ropeman opperation) is more natural for a righty.

Also having carabiners on opposite sides insures that they can never clank together.
Well thought out Tom.

Good points...my carabiner is on the right and i am a righty...my reasoning was that i did not want bow to biner contact as pull up to draw. it just felt close on that side and i wanted to keep it cleaner on my draw side. I feel like i can rotate right and left as far as i need without interference. I may find through time that your correct and the left may be the better side...I did try it both ways first and came to like what i did the best for now.

Good points...my carabiner is on the right and i am a righty...my reasoning was that i did not want bow to biner contact as pull up to draw. it just felt close on that side and i wanted to keep it cleaner on my draw side. I feel like i can rotate right and left as far as i need without interference. I may find through time that your correct and the left may be the better side...I did try it both ways first and came to like what i did the best for now.

There is no wrong way, do what works for you. Let me rephrase that... the wrong way of doing anything is doing it without thinking about the ins and out of different approaches. The fact that you thought about what works best for you is a plus.
Actually, I haven't decided to have a detachable bridge. I have no issue with a permanent bridge. My Amsteel is a fixed whoopie sling.
I used to step thru it but now I just put the saddle on over my head like a sweatshirt.

I unstiched my webbing bridge and removed it. Then I remembered someone is selling a sitdrag with a sling for a bridge. I got a 2 foot sling I had and girth hitched it to the left bridge loop and girth hitched a locking caribiner to the other end of the sling. I have been testing passing it through the right bridge loop and then clipping it back to the left bridge loop. I like a short bridge. It feels great and I can put the saddle on like @Nutterbuster without stepping through the bridge.

I unstiched my webbing bridge and removed it. Then I remembered someone is selling a sitdrag with a sling for a bridge. I got a 2 foot sling I had and girth hitched it to the left bridge loop and girth hitched a locking caribiner to the other end of the sling. I have been testing passing it through the right bridge loop and then clipping it back to the left bridge loop. I like a short bridge. It feels great and I can put the saddle on like @Nutterbuster without stepping through the bridge.
that is how i run my bridge while walking in..it keeps bridge loops tight and out of the way w/o having to wrap it around my waist belt ( like i had to with the amsteel fixed, which also annoyed me). I can also just leave it detached and stuff it into my pocket if needed.

yea the back band just does not add that much comfort for me anyway...at first i was like awe man that's nice but the more i sat with it, i felt like i always had to be fiddling with it to get it feeling right.

You said it.
I swapped out the Aero back band to a camera strap that is packable and easily stowed away in my pack. I seldom feel the need to get it out, and I hang dawn till dusk.

Last edited:
I think that’s exactly how I’m going to make my bridge. Does the webbing hold up well to sliding through the carabiner on the tether?
It should hold up great cant say at this point...I prefer the little bit more resistance that webbing gives sliding through the biner where as the amsteel seemed more "slick"...don't know maybe its just me but i feel more locked into position when shooting as well.

It should hold up great cant say at this point...I prefer the little bit more resistance that webbing gives sliding through the biner where as the amsteel seemed more "slick"...don't know maybe its just me but i feel more locked into position when shooting as well.
I understand what you’re saying, I tried an amsteel bridge today and it was very slick. I felt I had to be even more careful not to accidentally lean to either side too much

Back