• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Two Hunters One Tree

ARERHODES

This weekend open to youth/apprentice hunters to gun hunt when accompanied by a licensed Hunter (aka me) my wife is the Apprentice and wants a crack at her first deer. Sat this morning saw a doe but was ground hunting and had no clean shot for her. She wants to try my "saddle thing" this afternoon. Gonna get her in a RC harness and sit drag while I go on my first official "hunt" ( I can't legally carry the gun) out of the kestrel. Anyone set up with two saddle hunters in close proximity? I was leaning twords Putting teathers back to back on opposite sides of tree. Where I want to go there aren't any big trees that split off, so I'm guessing we would share a trunk.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Id just get above her if I were you. you aren't in the way and can stay behind the tree.

Just figure out how shes going to hang her gun so it isn't pointing up your rear the whole time

Yeah that's what I think I'm gonna do. Set the sticks, climb up, attach her a long teather, clip her in on the ground then I'll go up and situate myself above with separate teather and a couple screw in steps. I'll try and get some pics or a video. This will be interesting... Lol

maybe setting up below her would be safer and allow you to watch what shes doing climbing

Here goes nothing
f6a557ec61207661e75f0780fd0f2a3b.jpg
9835d65b455f1c9eb3d339ff0e5a5589.jpg

Back