• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Universal Carry Straps from Strapworks.com

d_rek

Hi Everyone,

Just found a great website for straps, webbing, hardware, etc: https://www.strapworks.com

I just ordered a 1" universal carry strap in polyester jarhead camo for my lonewolf climbing sticks to use as a stick caddy. The price and shipping were way better than from lonewolfs website. I found this through the archerytalk.com forums. Several users commented that the quality was better than the lone wolf caddy too.

Anyway, just an FYI. I'll let everyone know what I think when it arrives.

Regards,
d_rek

Got my universal carry strap on friday and took it out yesterday afternoon for a quick hunt in the big woods.

Definitely makes hauling climbing sticks way easy. I ordered the 3-6ft of shoulder strap, which was probably too much, since I had to cinch it down to make the shoulder strap the shortest length. It still works, and is way better than before, but I would probably just order the shortest length. Best part is you can cinch the carry straps really tight so your climbing sticks don't clang at all.

Only real complaint is that the carry straps have an almost excessive amount of leftover strap hanging, which I will probably just trim up and stitch up the ends so they don't slip out of the buckle.

d_rek said:
Got my universal carry strap on friday and took it out yesterday afternoon for a quick hunt in the big woods.

Definitely makes hauling climbing sticks way easy. I ordered the 3-6ft of shoulder strap, which was probably too much, since I had to cinch it down to make the shoulder strap the shortest length. It still works, and is way better than before, but I would probably just order the shortest length. Best part is you can cinch the carry straps really tight so your climbing sticks don't clang at all.

Only real complaint is that the carry straps have an almost excessive amount of leftover strap hanging, which I will probably just trim up and stitch up the ends so they don't slip out of the buckle.

Thanks for this. I'm going to make an order. So if you could do it all over again...you'd order the 1 1/2 - 3' strap? Looking for a strap to carry 4 muddy's. Thanks

WCork said:
d_rek said:

Thanks for this. I'm going to make an order. So if you could do it all over again...you'd order the 1 1/2 - 3' strap? Looking for a strap to carry 4 muddy's. Thanks

I ordered the 3-6ft shoulder length. I would do a step down, the 2-4ft. It should be perfect for 4 muddy sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_rek said:
WCork said:
d_rek said:

I ordered the 3-6ft shoulder length. I would do a step down, the 2-4ft. It should be perfect for 4 muddy sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, thanks!

I took some pictures with the straps and my lone wolf sticks so you can get an idea how they look. I ordered the 1" polypropylene straps in 3-6ft shoulder length. I have the shoulder strap cinched down to the shortest length possible. It's perfect for me and it hangs right at my waist, but if wanted/needed to get it shorter i'd have to cut the strap and re-thread it.

straps001.jpg

About 3ft of length in the shoulder strap

straps002.jpg

Plastic buckles are very quiet and snug all the sticks very secure

straps003.jpg

Hanging at waist level for me. I'm 6'4" and have pretty long torso/arms.

Thanks for the pics! Help me make my decision. Ordered one just now and went with the 2-4ft strap. Hopefully their shipping is quick because I need it by Monday!

Got mine today and so far I love it! Awesome strap. For 4 muddys the 2-4' strap has plenty of adjustment. I almost wonder if the 1-3' strap would be perfect. I cinched the strap down and shook the sticks around some and they didn't make a peep. Very happy with it and thanks again d_rek! Here's a few pics

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414256861.027661.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414256861.027661.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 772
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414256880.426490.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414256880.426490.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 772
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414256894.626151.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414256894.626151.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 767
Looks good! I wish i had gotten a smaller strap. I may just buy another one since they're pretty affordable and use the other one for... something else lol!

d_rek said:
Looks good! I wish i had gotten a smaller strap. I may just buy another one since they're pretty affordable and use the other one for... something else lol!

Yea for the money they are great! I was completely wrong about the sizing. 2-4ft works perfectly and 1-3 would probably be too small.

I'm about to buy one of these as well (+a couple more ratchet straps). I have 3 LW and 2 Muddy sticks. Do you think I'll have a problem with the 2-4' length? I'm only 5'7".

g2outdoors said:
I'm about to buy one of these as well (+a couple more ratchet straps). I have 3 LW and 2 Muddy sticks. Do you think I'll have a problem with the 2-4' length? I'm only 5'7".

You should have plenty of adjustment for those sticks and plenty of adjustment with that length for your height.

I bought the same strap from these guys years ago. .. the strap has a tendency to slip down the sticks and then bunch up close while walking with them. I use it on my LW sticks. I counter that by threading the ends so they catch on the legs of the lowest stick so can't be pulled closer than the ends of the sticks. It's the best way I've found to prevent the sliding. I'd be interested to hear other ways to secure it though. I have yet to cut off the excess strap running through the buckles but I should since I don't use the strap for anything else! !

I love this strap. I stack all my sticks together then throw my parka and heavy pants on top. Strap it all down tight and I'm ready to go. I think I'm going to pick up another one.

Just ordered another polyester strap, except this time i ordered a 1 1/2" , 1-3 ft length. Should be perfect for 4 lone wolf sticks. Highly recommended!

Never thought about strapping down my parka/other gear with it, but that's a great idea!

You could always tie a figure eight in the middle of the strap to take up slack... Not as slick looking but would work!

d_rek said:
Never thought about strapping down my parka/other gear with it, but that's a great idea!

Yup! It works great and keeps me from having to carry a backpack just for my clothes. When I'm saddle hunting, I hate to carry a pack.

Back