• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Using handmuff with saddle

DC10

I'm considering getting a handmuff that would fasten around my waist but wanted to know if anyone else uses one with their saddle. Does it get in the way of your bridge, etc.? Or are you able to use it with little to no hindrance?

I use one all of the time because I hate wearing gloves, mine is set up to ride just below the bridge.

I made mine with shearling lamb liner and Camo denim on the outside stuffed with poly fill. I waterproofed the Camo denim months before I started using it

I just posted this in a thread started in "Saddle Info for New Users".

I too am interested in this thread. In the past I've used a muff with treestands but have been struggling this year. My saddle/bridge is right where the muff traditionally has gone and where its comfortable. Its awkward to put it higher and my binocs are there. Last night I put it below my saddle, wrapped around my legs. I didn't like it there as I was always afraid it'd fall when I took my hands out. And it restricted leg motion. This morning I was thinking about running the strap thru the two hooks on the saddle that the linemans belt connects to and wondering if that would work.

I’m not around my gadgets at the moment, but I run a continuous loop of pats cord through the muff with a carabiner on each end. I do not use the waist belt

No issues here, clip it on before the walk in & wear it backwards above the waist belt of my saddle & pull it around after I get setup. Not interfering w/ bridge at all.....FE5E9733-21AE-4A74-909E-785DD9B233EE.jpeg

23c1019e95fd54454e5197eb52ab939c.jpg

Around the bridge!

I have a pair of heavy leather mitten and put a small plastic biner on each one. I just slip em off and attach to my bridge to prevent dropping one.

Back