• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Vacuum bags for storing hunting clothes?

Irishman

Anyone using Vacuum bags to store their hunting clothes in between hunts or at the end of the season? I was looking at the Code Blue D/Code bags that have a one-way valve so no need for a vacuum and could be used after a hunt to reduce the size of the clothes for easier travel in the car. Just seal and roll to push the air out. I know my bag gets full in the late season with extra layers and heaver outer layers and I'm thinking this would save a bunch of space in my bag plus keep scent from getting to the clothes while driving. Also I was thinking after washing and getting them scent free at the end of the season I could throw them in a vacuum bag and keep them airtight away from smells, ready for the next season. Could separate and label early season from late and just grab the bag needed and toss it in my travel bag ( I know sounds like a lot of bags LOL).
Has anyone tried these or are they a waste and not work?
1702226055453.png

I do this! I like it. I did call the company first of the maker of my clothes and they said it was fine for most pieces but not all. Down can’t be compressed for long term storage as it will affect the loft over time I'm told. You may want to call whoever makes your clothes and see what they say.

I do this! I like it. I did call the company first of the maker of my clothes and they said it was fine for most pieces but not all. Down can’t be compressed for long term storage as it will affect the loft over time I'm told. You may want to call whoever makes your clothes and see what they say.
Good point I didn't think about that. I don't think my clothes will be an issue, I have Sitka Stratus jacket and pants and Fanatic jacket and bibs with all the Sitka base layers minus any down garments. I will look into it just to be safe thanks for the advice!

Back