• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Waldrop Pac Seat Mod page

Petrichor

Let’s see how you have them rigged. @Nutterbuster

Really interested in how people attach meat bags.

Attachments

• 9574C6D5-56FD-4D18-9007-B3339516755D.jpeg
    9574C6D5-56FD-4D18-9007-B3339516755D.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 193
  • E0AFC426-4C3D-4E13-A69D-5CDC2EAFDE88.jpeg
    E0AFC426-4C3D-4E13-A69D-5CDC2EAFDE88.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 187
Not much to mine.
Screenshot_20220609-094517_Gallery.jpg

But it works. On a good hunt I usually walk out with deboned meat in the backpack and layers strapped to the bottom lashing. Compass, bug spray, and water bottle stay accessible in side pockets. Knife and TP and other trinkets stay in top accessory pocket. Pack material is fleece layered over neoprene, so it's super quiet which works well with the ground hunting close to the deer concept.

What I really want is better backpack and waist straps on the seat. Gets a little uncomfortable for my delicate self packing out meat on it, but I've done it several times the past 2 years. Biggest pack out was a whole, 100lb hog ratchet-strapped to the chair while I drug a smaller hog in each hand about a quarter mile back to the truck. Not something I wanna repeat.

This is unrelated to modifications and doesn't merit a return in my mind but for the guys who own these chairs, check your sewn seams. I had the thicker webbing portion of the back pack strap and the chest strap come apart this past weekend walking back to one of my fishing holes. He obviously has them glued together before sewing and the glue separated. The sewn portion was forgotten or overlooked on this strap. The other backpack strap was sewn and glued just fine.
I'm not knocking the product at all and I understand how busy he was/is just want everyone to avoid any inconveniences

The seat is OK to pack lite loads early and mid season. I can't see me packing out meat with it. Maybe with better straps. When it gets really cold that's when I want to hunt off the ground. Packing alot of clothes can be a challenge.
I just may pack the pack seat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220609-111153_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220609-111153_Gallery.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 123
Honestly the strap thing seems pretty easy. Find the ones you want and rivet top and bottom. Rivet tool on Amazon shows pretty cheap. I can definitely see myself changing the shoulder straps but I think the waist strap is fine for me. Here’s mine rigged with my tailhook on it. I actually used the tailhook a waist strap over the chairs and it was very comfortable.

Attachments

• 75FDF863-1924-44D2-99C5-3CD012107E27.jpeg
    75FDF863-1924-44D2-99C5-3CD012107E27.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I'd love somebody on here to find me some good straps. Packing is doable and preferable to dragging, but it does turn into work pretty quick.

Maybe somebody handy like @Redbeard wants to make a buck finding and modding good straps?

Exo shoulder harness. Giant zip ties make a good way to attach it.

Man, this thread is a bitter reminder how bad I want one of these. Unfortunately, no budget for a $300+ chair this year.

Off topic/on topic ... didn't someone mention on this forum that David is reinvesting in his manufacturing process to crank out more volume?

Man, this thread is a bitter reminder how bad I want one of these. Unfortunately, no budget for a $300+ chair this year.

Off topic/on topic ... didn't someone mention on this forum that David is reinvesting in his manufacturing process to crank out more volume?
Yes. He has partners now and they have increased production by a bunch. There isn’t a 3 month wait anymore.

Are guys trying to build a low profile rack pack essentially?

The seat is OK to pack lite loads early and mid season. I can't see me packing out meat with it. Maybe with better straps. When it gets really cold that's when I want to hunt off the ground. Packing alot of clothes can be a challenge.
I just may pack the pack seat.
I carried out a large quartered doe tonight on mine and it worked very wellResized_20230721_193027_4765.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah but I'm tired of seeing you kill all the deers. Give somebody else a chance ;)

Only kidding. Looks like the new game bag does a good job. Was cleaning it easy after transport? Maybe turn it inside out and hose it off?
It works good, and yeah, you just hose it off. I did stick it in the wash after hosing it off this time.

The sack us huge for average Osceoa subspecies deer. I could fit 3-4 of them in there. I may make one about half the size. I think they made it big enough for elk quarters

I wrote that before I got the game bag. I may have to go back to the truck and dump my heavy stuff, alot better then draging.
No need to carry home what you can't eat. I use a feed sack. A whole deer fits in it quartered up. I'm impressed how well it carries. Better than my pack.Resized_20230721_193027_4765.jpeg

Last edited:
Back