• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Weak side

Peterk1234

Sitting in a tree right now that favors some great weak side shots. I am not a platform guy. I use steps and brackets only. The issue at least for me is the draw. Once drawn i have no issues on the weak side. So i solved the problem. Draw on strong side and sweep over my bridge to the weak side. Very easy to do. Anyone else doing this ?

seems like a lot of movement. My concern would be catching the tether while drawn or hitting an above limb and sending the arrow up to the sky. having not tried this Im skeptical.

Im able to be behind the tree to draw in this case. No lower body movement at all. Heck can't be more movement than trying to do a360 on a little platform to get into position.

I cranked my draw weight down to 55 lbs and can pretty much draw and shoot from any position shot two deer last Friday. The second was sniffing the bloody arrow when I shot. Shot one from the strong side and one from the weak side.

@EricS you are right. Just tried weak side draw, no issue. This is my first season with new bow, a realmX. Huge difference compared to my 14 year old, Old Glory. Wow

Back