• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

web ladder

noxninja

anyone ever made a web ladder with straight steps out of 1" tubular webbing?

I did, but it was a P.I.T.A. to make and didn't work as well as I had planned. The 1" tubular nylon is not rigid enough to maintain its shape either when loaded or just hanging there; I didn't stiffen it with anything because it was just a concept I worked on. Another thing I didn't like about it was its bulk; a three step aider made out of a continuous length of 1" tubular nylon was a bunch of webbing.

I need to give some thought about using amsteel in the same way. For a three step aider, I would think you would need one long "U" along with (2) additional step portions. Both sides of the steps could be individually spliced back into the aider and stiffened with any number of ways to hold the aider open. This would enable the aider to pack down better than a long piece of webbing.

Yes, I have made 1,2,3 and 4 step ladder- style aiders out of 1” tubular webbing. To keep the steps open I threaded the webbing through about 6” of pex tubing and then put camo tape over the pex.

I basically started with one big U-shaped length of webbing and then sewed 14” lengths of webbing fed through pex as steps - 6” of webbing for the step portion, 4” of webbing attached to each leg of the long webbing.

Last edited:
Yes, I have made 1,2,3 and 4 step ladder- style aiders out of 1” tubular webbing. To keep the steps open I threaded the webbing through about 6” of pex tubing and then put camp tape over the pex.

I basically started with one big U-shaped length of webbing and then sewed 14” lengths of webbing fed through pex as steps - 6” of webbing for the step portion, 4” of webbing attached to each leg of the long webbing.

I thought he was asking how to make a ladder-style aider out of one continuous piece of webbing...I'm an idiot.

Back