• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Web Strap and Buckle Alternatives

89cdavis

So I experienced my first couple hunts out of my DIY Sit Drag saddle this past weekend. So far everything with the saddle is working quite well. Where I immediately realized I need to make some improvements is in my climbing system. I am using three Rivers Edge Grip Sticks I have had for a few years and will need to use them for the foreseeable future until the budget allows for a set of hawk/lone wolf/beast sticks. One good thing about these sticks is they have a "Ram Horn" strap system which basically works very similar to the versa button (see pic). Where I experience problems is fumbling with the straps and buckles. It is just a pain to try to keep the straps straight and buckles quiet so I started brainstorming alternative methods of attaching my sticks. Of course DanO's woven daisy chain webbing immediately came to mind and may be the best option in the end. But another idea I had was to make a linemans belt type set up for each stick. Basically a rope with prusik knot set up. Has anyone tried a set up like this or have other ideas for web strap and buckle alternatives?

Attachments

• RE719_NOCOLOR_AL.jpg
    RE719_NOCOLOR_AL.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
Back