• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What bow are you hunting with this year?

Murph4028

Vendor Rep
I am hunting with my couple year old PSE Premonition. I like it because it's only 30 inches axle to axle, not too heavy, and I've always got along good with PSE bows. Since my bows are strictly for deer hunting, I keep them in a minimal equipment configuration. Since I won't shoot at a deer at a distance that much exceeds 35 yards I have never felt the need to run a stabilizer or a crazy sight or any expensive add ons. I like this bow and have been shooting it for a while but after getting my wife a diamond prism I've definitely got my eye on a diamond deploy sb. Super slim, carbon, light weight, smooth shooting bow. It probably wouldn't be my first choice for any shooting competitions but I think it would make an awesome hunting bow. What bow are you running and how do you prefer to set it up?

The Diamond Deploy SB. Picked up a demonstrator model from the local bow shop saved hundreds of dollars. I had the Infinite edge before. Not a bad bow at all but I picked up the Deploy and shot a couple times and couldn't go back. It's definitely more refined. I was getting some nice tight groups with it last week. I've got a small stabilizer on it and a 4 pin sight that came with it. Both upgraded from the RTH package. It also came with a 5 arrow quiver so I'll have a couple small game heads with me too. I've been shooting compound for only 3 yrs or so; my depth of knowledge isn't as deep as others.

Xpedition Perfexion. Best one out there for us boys with a real draw length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hunting with my couple year old PSE Premonition. I like it because it's only 30 inches axle to axle, not too heavy, and I've always got along good with PSE bows. Since my bows are strictly for deer hunting, I keep them in a minimal equipment configuration. Since I won't shoot at a deer at a distance that much exceeds 35 yards I have never felt the need to run a stabilizer or a crazy sight or any expensive add ons. I like this bow and have been shooting it for a while but after getting my wife a diamond prism I've definitely got my eye on a diamond deploy sb. Super slim, carbon, light weight, smooth shooting bow. It probably wouldn't be my first choice for any shooting competitions but I think it would make an awesome hunting bow. What bow are you running and how do you prefer to set it up?
2012 PSE Brute X. 3-pin TruGlo sight, 8” Limbsaver stabilizer, G5 aluminum peep, whisker biscuit rest, G5 head-loc quiver. I’m a minimalist in terms of having “tech” on the bow, my sight being the most complicated add-on. I have not changed anything but the string on my setup in 7 years. Put two new strings on it so far, most recently a week ago. I didn’t love the PSE stock string, but my Winners Choice strings lasted 4 swampy seasons and a few thousand arrows. I’m rocking the Lancaster Archery house strings now, they feel really well made. I absolutely love this bow. Had a Diamond before the PSE, couldn’t get into it. I prefer a little heft in my bow and the Brute is exactly like its name at around 6 lbs fully set up. I like the 31” A-A length and the 7.25” brace for the lack of arm shock when I shoot; the bow is very quiet and stays put through the shot cycle. I’m only about 26.5” draw and shooting 56#, so it’s not a speed racer, but my arrows are plenty fast and penetrate deep at 30 yds. I blew through the chest cavity of a 300# hog, so I feel quite good about kinetic energy transfer lol.

Bear grizzly LoL not really no bow hunt for me this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back