• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

whats the best saddle

ekeith13

im going to go all in to saddle hunting. if money was no issue what saddle would you get? i want to be comfortable and not worried about something going wrong. after MY research(and not knowing exactly what to look for) I'm leaning towards the tetherd phantom but i would love to know what all of your opinions are. sorry if this is posted somewhere else here but i haven't found it yet

I just purchased a Cruzer XC yesterday & it shipped yesterday. From suggestions from people on here this seems to be a really good saddle and I believe it offers the quickest shipping time as most others are 6 weeks out that I have seen. I don't know if that helps but if you're looking to getting into a new one and not a used one and want it quick I believe that is the quickest option from what I have seen.

Your going to have to see what works best for you. I have the Kestrel flex and I love it for sitting. I have the predator platform and like it. I use a hand drill and bolts because I hate sticks. It took me 3 years to get dialed in. No one can tell you whats best for you.

You may have to buy and sell a few saddles before you find your kit.

I want to try a ring of steps soon.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

This is my first season in a saddle. Like others have stated, the perfect saddle setup is different for everyone. I spent all summer by buying and selling stuff trying to dial in what I liked best. I started with the Phantom and hated it. Bought a Aerohunter Flex, Latitude Method, and Cruzr XC. Ended up sticking with the Cruzr XC, Squirrel Steps for ROS, Tethrd Predator, and few different climbing methods depending on the situation. That being said, after hunting all year with my new gear I've found out things about my system that work better for me and where I hunt. You can always buy and sell on the classifieds here to save a little or make some money back. My opinion is that there is no right or wrong answer... just buy some gear that looks appealing to you and give it a whirl.

I think the Tethd team seem really nice and they do a lot for the saddle community, vets, etc but I think you'd be hard pressed to talk to guys that have tried a bunch of different saddles and say their products were the best. Cruzr has a strong following, Latitude has had lots of positive things said about them, Treehopper Recon seems to have a strong following, etc, etc. Spend some time on here, read lots of past threads, and don't be afraid to experiment. Picking the right saddle is like picking the perfect pair of jeans. What you love may be the worst thing I've ever tried. It's very individual just like your climbing method, your tether height, what ropes you like and on and on and on. What's great about saddle hunting is it's not a one size fits all. You can tailor everything to what works for you and what you enjoy. Like Wallhanger said, it takes some saddle time to find the perfect set up so don't expect to hit it out of the park with the first purchase. I'd wait until after the holidays when everyone has bought new stuff and wants to get rid of their barely used stuff. Hunting seasons will be over for the most part so demand will be lower and you may be able to find a good deal for your starter kit.

Mine and you can't have it Lol.

I recently built a 2 panel and like it alot more than my others.

Very subjective question with a lot of different answers. With that being said, a lot of guys and gals on here have tried many different saddles. For me, after owning the mantis, flex, and Cruzr XC, I ended up sticking with the cruzr. I tried the phantom and it seemed like wearing a thong in comparison to a Cruzr. The Cruzr is comfortable and it fit the bill for how I hunt mostly. I will be picking up a 2nd saddle because one is none and two is one. I don’t think you’d be unhappy with the Cruzr. Good luck and welcome to the addiction.

i just want to thank you guys for your advice, but at the same time i hate all of you. thanks to your comments im finding more brands and researching more, watching YouTube reviews (which is driving my wife crazy) and flip flopping all over the place with what will be my 1st saddle. but seriously, THANK YOU!

i just want to thank you guys for your advice, but at the same time i hate all of you. thanks to your comments im finding more brands and researching more, watching YouTube reviews (which is driving my wife crazy) and flip flopping all over the place with what will be my 1st saddle. but seriously, THANK YOU!
I am in the exact same boat. She gave me the ole’ “they all look uncomfortable, I think you have a problem” speech to me this morning. They just don’t get it.......Ha!!

Back