• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Which would be a better pack to hold climbing sticks and a predator platform

Bupp509

I’m new to saddle hunting. I was wanting to know which would be a better pack to hold a predator platform and some climbing sticks. I’ve been looking between Sitka’s Fanatic pack and their tool box pack. I would also need the pack to be able to hold a jacket and bibs.

I’m new to saddle hunting. I was wanting to know which would be a better pack to hold a predator platform and some climbing sticks. I’ve been looking between Sitka’s Fanatic pack and their tool box pack. I would also need the pack to be able to hold a jacket and bibs.

I’m using the Eberlestock X2 Backpack. It carries stick or wild edge steps and a Perch or Predator platform pretty well. Also has enough room for extra clothes and filming gear.
493aea3dc77f1e2ef17de10bb6c82a0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the LL Bean Hunter's Carryall for this - and there's one in the Classifieds for $100 right now. Research it before you commit to it - because it's not an enclosed bag per se, but can carry dang near anything, and would do well for stand & sticks.

Around $200. I kind of have it narrowed down between the fanatic pack and the tool box.
You might want to do a new post titled regarding the 2 pack from sitka you'll probably get more replys. I'm not sure if those have built in frames or stays to support that weight. Your probably looking at high 25 to 30 lbs for that weight with jacket, bibs, sticks, platform and other small items.

If you were willing to wait for a sale but still have to spend a little more the kuiu system is perfect. system is modular so you can get different sized bags, its extremely lightweight and comfortable and has straps on the side that are perfect for sticks, and on the face of the pack that are perfect for the predator.
I had the toolbox. I hated it. Not enough space considering the bulk IMHO. Also "frame" was too flexible and the bag flopped around too much.

I second the LL Bean Carryall. This is what I use to carry 5- muddy pros, platform, medium size pack with filming equipment, clothes etc. It’s a great option.

I prefer Mystery Ranch packs. I have the Beartooth and Sawtooth for western hunting. The MR Pintler or Pop Up 28 are nice packs for hauling everything. I'm going to give the Sawtooth a shot. The overload shelve and all the straps make carrying anything pretty easy.

Sitka ToolBox 3lbs,
Hokds jacket inside with other gear.
Mountain Archery $139.007CDE0CF2-2048-499D-8801-3BA692EFF9E8.jpeg

Packs are like boots. Tons of good ones out there but only you will know what is right for your setup and your body. I recently got a Kuiu venture 1800. Very impressed with it so far.

I prefer Mystery Ranch packs. I have the Beartooth and Sawtooth for western hunting. The MR Pintler or Pop Up 28 are nice packs for hauling everything. I'm going to give the Sawtooth a shot. The overload shelve and all the straps make carrying anything pretty easy.
I have been using a MR Mule pack this year and it has been great. Carries the load great and easy to adjust for how many extra clothes I need to pack in on any particular day. I slip my predator and kneepad behind the bag on the load shelf, extra clothes inside the bag, and strap my 4 short HH sticks to the front.

Back