• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Who uses the notch v3 quickly?

cheecho67

SH Member
Just wondering who else uses it. I just ordered one. I know they’re a little noisy but I’m gonna use it just to repell but would like to use it for my tether if I could make it quiet. and if someone uses, it would like to know how they got it to be silent

Just wondering who else uses it. I just ordered one. I know they’re a little noisy but I’m gonna use it just to repell but would like to use it for my tether if I could make it quiet. and if someone uses, it would like to know how they got it to be silent
Stupid voice to text thing the V3 quickie

I use one. I just put camo hockey tape on it before season and it was fine. No issues at all.

I use one. I just put camo hockey tape on it before season and it was fine. No issues at all.
how do you like it? does it cinch pretty good to the tree??I am going to use a tether locker any way. only thing I can see is when you tie the scaffold knot onthe end the metal looks like it might be a little ridgid well not as rounded. I know the knot gets very tight.

I have been using since Kevin came out with them. Great tool and use it with my cinched srt technique. It makes navigating branches a breeze. The rotating pin reduces friction to aid in retrieval.

I have been using since Kevin came out with them. Great tool and use it with my cinched srt technique. It makes navigating branches a breeze. The rotating pin reduces friction to aid in retrieval.
I still bounce questions off him every once in while

The whole story of how he created the RR is cool. I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any other multiscender that is one handed operation to this day. Although Buckingham is set to release a RR competitor soon

The Akimbo is pretty nice even though I don't have any experience using it. I believe the Hitchhiker you can manipulate with one hand as it is also hitch based. The original Roperunner has replacement wear parts and when adjusted properly provides a very smooth ride and tends so nice up the rope. I have very good results using both KMXIII and Phantom static rope.

You can tie a scaffold to it for a more permanent install or tie an alpine
View attachment 101282
so I can tie a alpine butterfly near the end of my rope giving it a hefty tail of coarse and use it like a tether? if so I can see it would be easier to untie the alpine then the scafold if you wanted to do something else with the rope.I understand using the alpine for SRT (which I am thinking about) so you can pull from the ground. how about if your using the repell for your tether?

Still rocking the original Roperunner and climbed with early wooden prototypes.
You are mashing the RR and the RW together, no wooden prototypes for the Runner! Before the wood handle RW, Kevin used a 3/8” box end wrench.

so I can tie a alpine butterfly near the end of my rope giving it a hefty tail of coarse and use it like a tether? if so I can see it would be easier to untie the alpine then the scafold if you wanted to do something else with the rope.I understand using the alpine for SRT (which I am thinking about) so you can pull from the ground. how about if your using the repell for your tether?
You could. Me personally: I have the rope around my anchor point and while I'm on the ground, I can hold both ends. Then I tie an alpine with the Quickie and send it up.

The advantage is you can recover it from the ground with no Dyneema. The disadvantage is you need more rope for this method. And yes, it acts as your rappel line in this manner.

Back