• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why 2 sets of teeth for Predator Platform?

katmandew

Got my Predator today and it came with 2 different pieces to use for top and I can’t figure out why? One black one unpainted aluminum just like rest of platform. Black one looks slightly taller from teeth to base where to bolts to the platform. Anyone know why there are 2 pieces? Obviously only one can be bolted in at a time.
c91d55d7ccf5afbc92de26c65ebb715b.jpg

5089f8ca5fe7451cf259c0091443a1bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I not sure how much weight it saves but I know the black one is suppose to be lighter. It’s the one they started selling after market. It also has a thicker piece of aluminum where it attaches with the bolt. I know when they first came out some guys had the bracket crack. So they would buy the aftermarket one.

I never had issues with mine either. But 2 people I know did.

First time in the saddle was comfy, but wow it was hot! 91 degrees... so I only went up 8 feet and didnt stay long. I need to practice with sticks and practice shooting out of it, but it felt safe, and honestly think it's as comfortable or more than any hang-on. Maybe not summit climber comfy but I still have a lot to learn about adjusting it too. I cant wait to hunt out of it. It also opens up possibilities for me where I cant get a summit climber into a tree where I've seen big bucks before and I cant wait to try it on an afternoon sit in that spot!

Awesome. Good luck. Just keep playing with the adjustment. Even if you just attach at ground level. You can figure out what’s comfortable then apply it when your higher up.

Back