• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild edge diy platform

Blitzboy9

Has anyone tried attaching a lone wolf or XOP seat to a wild edge step? I’ve thought of a few ways it could work but if someone has already worked out the kinks please let me know!

Has anyone tried attaching a lone wolf or XOP seat to a wild edge step? I’ve thought of a few ways it could work but if someone has already worked out the kinks please let me know!
A lot of us are sliding a piece of plywood into the step and it works quite well. There's a thread on it. Try searching for primal platform (the primal shape may be slightly better)

I looked into it. Dissimilar metals, so welding isnt an option. Thought about some u bolts, but gave up when I had some issues with their stability without any platform. I basically stand and the saddle just keeps me from falling. If you swing around on your saddle and let it carry most of your weight, one of these platforms is probably going to work for you. I would try the wood idea first if I was you.

Back