• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Perch Mod

V Bruce

Jan 15, 2017
i get mine solid on hard wood with no issue, its the soft wood that cause problems and you really have to have all the stretch out of your strings and on soft wood i would just wear into the same spot on the tree camming it over and rocking up and down till it was solid. takes like 3 cams.

Saw a vid on youtube from Aerial Assault showing how he modified his perch steps. Then i see that Wild Edge did the same thing to their steps but of course i got mine when they first made em, finding someone to weld aluminum is a PITA, so i started to do it myself, till i happened to pass a rim shop and remembered that some of them are aluminum and when nice rims get cracked someone has to fix em. violla found someone to do it.

he said i just needed to get him the little wing tips.

went to a boat yard and got some scrap aluminum, they gave it to me for free. i took it home and used a 40 dollar grinder i went and picked up from home depot. took it back to the welder the next day and bam. didnt have to buy a new perch. now it aint the prettiest thing. but i dont think the deer care.

debating grinding it smooth like Aerial Assault did but i dont want to screw anything up so i will just leave it. guy asked for 35 bucks. took him like 10 mnts and alot of that was prolly me telling him what i needed it for.

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_133756615.jpg
    IMG_20200617_133756615.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 120