• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge Step Vid

Peterk1234

Could someone post a video of them climbing with the Steps, preferably with a the aider or a RS aider? I would like to see how long it takes and how efficiently a mere mortal can do it. The promo vids make it look way too easy, and too many people on here have indicated that it is a bit slow and tricky.

I keep flip flopping between the Steps and a LW with a rope mod. I think I need to just order a pair of Steps and see how hard they are to use but some real time vids would be great to see.

I bought (2) Stepps this season to use as a platform.
I already use LW sticks to ascend the tree with some aiders.
At first I had to think about the knot, and how to create efficiencies with my Stepps. Toward the middle of the season I was thinking about replacing my sticks with Stepps.
They are easy to install with some practice, no doubt about it. Also, I have yet to have a Stepp slip on me or turn sideways with side pressure. I am around 230lbs FWIW.

The advertising video is what you can expect to look like after some practice. There arent all that many ways to install them!

The only thing keeping me from using them to climb a tree is that I like to use only one strap to get multiple steps in my climb. I am seriously thinking of using aiders on Stepps however, because it is really hard to downplay their packability when hunting the thick stuff.
30"+ sticks have too much potential for making foreign noise in the woods IMHO.

As far as safety is concerned, using Stepps or sticks never concerned me. I always use a lineman's belt.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

If you want to 'test the waters', I recommend buying two single Stepps to try.
They are really good and Wild Edge is a great company.
Support your vets...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Could someone post a video of them climbing with the Steps, preferably with a the aider or a RS aider? I would like to see how long it takes and how efficiently a mere mortal can do it. The promo vids make it look way too easy, and too many people on here have indicated that it is a bit slow and tricky.

I keep flip flopping between the Steps and a LW with a rope mod. I think I need to just order a pair of Steps and see how hard they are to use but some real time vids would be great to see.

Go on YouTube there are videos on using the wild Edge steps and aider.

My season goes out on February the 10th. If you want I will send you 3 or 4 steps in a bag and you can try it out. After you try them, you can send them back.

I also have a WE aider that I can send for you to try. Just let me know.

My season goes out on February the 10th. If you want I will send you 3 or 4 steps in a bag and you can try it out. After you try them, you can send them back.

Great example of how incredibly helpful everyone on this site is. I also have extras if anyone wants to borrow for a test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back