• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Will this work

Travis9221

Feb 12, 2019
Kentucky
So I bought this lone wolf seat to make a diy platform like I see one here. It seems I have bought the wrong thing I thought it had the teeth on the side so I could do the cam over method it does not. I thought about buying a versa button to use to attach it to the tree but I'm not sure that it will hold side pressure when I'm trying to stand off the side to shoot. What are your guys opinions on how to make this work and stick to the tree well enough to handle side pressure. This is the seat I bought.Screenshot_20190323-134153.png

Blacksmith

SH Member
Dec 10, 2018
Bucyrus OH
Use a post and standoffs. I'm using a ratchet strap on mine and very solid but it is heavy

Reactions: SloMo

Stevey220

Jan 20, 2019
I bought the exact same one and made it work with cam over method. 2 standoffs, post, and strap from DanO. The strap is key as it will allow you to secure the seat from both ends and then the U bracket hooks into the buckle to tighten prior to cammimg.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SloMo and Chrighton

Stevey220

Jan 20, 2019
Here's some picks... works great.
94101fada9ed1b39866e4a8057cec180.jpg
6ca5fa074293fed602568a761228b709.jpg

Bourdeau

Dec 23, 2018
Caroga Lake, New York
YAHOO
scottbourdeau@yahoo.com
lone_wolf_alpha_seat.gif
You can see by how many holes and end caps not installed yet, all the times I tried to move the stand offs and seat to get this working, seems best at this dimension ( 9 inches between stand offs and pivot pt is 3 inches below top stand off) -just gotta find the sweet spot when camming it over between strap tension and strap angle on the tree- takes some playing around but it's solid for side pressure and I can even turn around on it - there is some sponginess to the platform
DIY Safety Warning - I'm always tethered to the tree, I never use this carabiner on anything else, it stays on the platform- with it LOCKED at 26kn it exceeds the rating of the daisy chain webbing by a bit so the daisy chain webbing should break first....by camming it over your putting ? force on it- end warning!

Stevey220

Jan 20, 2019
Travis follow the link I posted above. DanO is a one stop shop for this whole build. You provide the seat, drill the holes, and assembly is your responsibility. There is one gripe I have about the strap though. The J hook that hooks to the buckle doesn't stay put by itself so you have to make sure to keep tension on it as your taking up the slack or else it falls out. Kinda tricky at first. One hand holding the seat and the other working the buckle and hook but it's doable. If you notice I doubled the line around the seat frame before gerth hitching. That shortened the tag end with the J hook enough to make it more ridged and that helped a lot. Would be perfect if there was some sort of positive lock to hold it in place though.

Travis9221

Feb 12, 2019
Kentucky
Travis follow the link I posted above. DanO is a one stop shop for this whole build. You provide the seat, drill the holes, and assembly is your responsibility. There is one gripe I have about the strap though. The J hook that hooks to the buckle doesn't stay put by itself so you have to make sure to keep tension on it as your taking up the slack or else it falls out. Kinda tricky at first. One hand holding the seat and the other working the buckle and hook but it's doable. If you notice I doubled the line around the seat frame before gerth hitching. That shortened the tag end with the J hook enough to make it more ridged and that helped a lot. Would be perfect if there was some sort of positive lock to hold it in place though.

Thank you very much

Stevey220

Jan 20, 2019
One suggestion, buy 2 posts. They are cheap enough. The first one will look like swiss cheese from all the drilling and experimenting. Once you've dialed in where you want everything then you can use the second for a finished build.

Travis9221

Feb 12, 2019
Kentucky
One suggestion, buy 2 posts. They are cheap enough. The first one will look like swiss cheese from all the drilling and experimenting. Once you've dialed in where you want everything then you can use the second for a finished build.

More good advice i appreciate it

Sheldon

Oct 30, 2018

Had the same problem and ended up putting a diy versa button and daisy chain to hold it in place while I set the strap. Helps a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Islandshooter

SH Member
Nov 19, 2018
Flagler Beach, FL

I've got an XOP platform and also use DanO's strap... One way I keep tension on it while hanging the platform is to initially put the platform between me and the tree to get the strap attached. Then, when it's almost tight, I rotate the platform to the side of the tree. Of course, I'm standing on Doublesteps, but it seems to work. At least so far this off-season!!