• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Winning in the Husband Department

Swampfox

Fellas, I didn't have a grasp of the impact that my hunting addiction has had on my wife. So let me lay the scenario out...

Last night while feeding the infant child a bottle, I had the recent podcast of "The Hunting Public" playing. The wife walks in the room and hears the first 5 seconds and asks "Is that Zach talking?" Then Dan starts and she said "is that Dan?" then she puts it together and said what are they doing together aren't they on different TV shows?

It was at that moment I realized my pursuit for deer hunting knowledge was bigger than myself. So I had to test her, I quickly jumped back a couple of minutes in the podcast to see if she could identify Greg. Sure enough, she said that's the guy on youtube with the saddle stuff you're always playing with.

Well it looks like I'll be buying her a bow. She's been wanting to try bow hunting but I didn't think she'd like it. It's been 4 years since I brought her in the woods. I guess shes ready to get back out there.

Does anyone know any good babysitters? lol

Fellas, I didn't have a grasp of the impact that my hunting addiction has had on my wife. So let me lay the scenario out...

Last night while feeding the infant child a bottle, I had the recent podcast of "The Hunting Public" playing. The wife walks in the room and hears the first 5 seconds and asks "Is that Zach talking?" Then Dan starts and she said "is that Dan?" then she puts it together and said what are they doing together aren't they on different TV shows?

It was at that moment I realized my pursuit for deer hunting knowledge was bigger than myself. So I had to test her, I quickly jumped back a couple of minutes in the podcast to see if she could identify Greg. Sure enough, she said that's the guy on youtube with the saddle stuff you're always playing with.

Well it looks like I'll be buying her a bow. She's been wanting to try bow hunting but I didn't think she'd like it. It's been 4 years since I brought her in the woods. I guess shes ready to get back out there.

Does anyone know any good babysitters? lol
Great moments right there! I hope she really takes to a bow. My wife is my best hunting partner ever.

Not the first idea that popped in my mind. Yours feels like a win at least. I’ve rented a cabin in the mountains for this weekend. That would be Primitive weekend here in Georgia. I bought a black powder rifle about 18 years ago. I think I’ve been able to use it in six of those 18 years. So see I’m winning in the husband dept too but it sure feels like a loss.

My wife doesn't hunt, but she knows WAY too much about hunting. Quotes from her include:

"Oh, so you shot a limit (squirrels)? Cool, what were they cutting on?"

Watching a hunting video "So that's about a 3.5 year old buck, right?" Yeah, actually...good eye.

Same video "Oooh...that shot looked high."

Gotta love when they pick it up!

That’s the dream, man...
9009994c0e5e00f2ba1a5055711b51d3.jpg

If I watching hunting related show, My wife, where's the remote.

If I watching hunting related show, My wife, where's the remote.
My wife is the same way, she likes seeing the animals but doesn't like watching them get shot. Understandable I guess. I lose that battle for the TV 99.9% of the time lol. I need a man cave.

Where do they sell these wives you all speak of? Sounds like a cool thing to have around the house...

Back