• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Winter hunting.

Andrew920

SH Member
ec6345ed20abe6f13167b0df77b707b4.jpg

Not my favorite time of the year to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, not unless ducks and a heater are involved. You’re a beast!
I froze Tuesday for opening gun. It was low 30s which isn't to bad. But the wind chill killed me. I feel less inclined to climb a tree when the temps drop below 30. Unless there is no wind. Then I will consider.

I'm not a huge fan of the cold either but made a pretty significant clothing investment this off-season so I am looking forward to testing it all out. Temps have finally dropped around here from 70s to 40s and lower, here we go!

Being from the deep South I have no love of cold weather, but the right clothes make all the difference. Wind PROOF is your friend. We have very little of the sub zero stuff guys up north have to deal with, but our cold is a wet, damp cold, just like our heat is humid.

I'm not a huge fan of the cold either but made a pretty significant clothing investment this off-season so I am looking forward to testing it all out. Temps have finally dropped around here from 70s to 40s and lower, here we go!
you must be on the east coast too then Huh? Haha been a rough November thus far weather wise

you must be on the east coast too then Huh? Haha been a rough November thus far weather wise
Yeah, Maryland, it's been weird for sure but there was decent activity on Saturday after a rain when it was still pretty warm. Of course now that temps have dropped my family obligations are going to keep me out of the woods for a while, but I'd skip anything for my kids so we're all good.

I can deal with down to the teens with no wind. Bought a set of cables berber wool top and bottoms with wind stopper. Dear lord is it amazing.

Yeah, Maryland, it's been weird for sure but there was decent activity on Saturday after a rain when it was still pretty warm. Of course now that temps have dropped my family obligations are going to keep me out of the woods for a while, but I'd skip anything for my kids so we're all good.
Sat had decent activity but if we had cold weather on that day it would have been perfect conditions. If we get a cold front during that part of the rut its madness all day. Oh well. THis whole next month is usually great hunting here especially early december when the next little rut comes around. Im in the same boat with family stuff. Gonna have to wait until firearms to have a good excuse to get out.

That's going to be me this Saturday for our gun opener. We're supposed to have a real doozey of a storm front come in too. Bring it!!

I’m up in massachusetts and I agree Saturday was real good activity. Saw a real nice buck chasing a doe on a run and gun in the afternoon he came into 34 yards but I had no shot it was way to thick. Family obligations always come first! I’d give the world for my little man and the wife

Back