• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WMA laws?

RTRhunter

I live in Alabama and hunt WMA some and was wondering about does a saddle fall under law saying a full body harness? State Alabama says if you hunt elevated off ground you must wear a full body harness? Just wondering any other states has same law? This will be my first year using a saddle. Just curious I want to be legal.

I hunt in Alabama as well. All saddles except the trophyline (which has shoulder straps) would be considered ill-eagle I would guess.

However, I've hunted 3 seasons with one on WMA land. I think the spirit of the law is to keep folks safe. I feel safe, and would unhesitatingly show up to my court date if issued a ticket with a saddle and a post.

"Knock me off of my "stand" and I'll leave quietly";)

Shhhh..... I dont want to know lol. I seen that as well but figured if I'm not sure than it's got to be legal....right??

Yeah just curious how y’all handle it. I have hunted WMA for last 5 years and have seen a lot of climbing stand locked to tree which is illegal in Alabama. I don’t believe green jeans is going to walk in that far anyways. If so I will do like Nutterbuster and show up on my court date. I have on seen 1 game warden in that 5 years So I am not to worrried.

Most wardens (at least around here) are very friendly. If you talk to them with respect and don’t try to jump their authority they will normally coach you. I’ve had one here help me drag a deer out from over a mile in. He was waiting on me when I got to the truck I was dropping my gear then going back to get the deer. He came with me and helped drag the entire way! Just give them common courtesy and they will do the same. Also playing stupid works really good if all else fails lol.

Most wardens (at least around here) are very friendly. If you talk to them with respect and don’t try to jump their authority they will normally coach you. I’ve had one here help me drag a deer out from over a mile in. He was waiting on me when I got to the truck I was dropping my gear then going back to get the deer. He came with me and helped drag the entire way! Just give them common courtesy and they will do the same. Also playing stupid works really good if all else fails lol.
True everyone I have came across has been extremely nice

Back