• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WNY NEWBIE

Pabbott3323

Anyone around WNY willing to walk a newbie saddle hunter through the steps...I am an avid hunter..have used a climber for 30 years. Just bought a saddle and would love a walk through

I'm in Rochester if you want to work something out. Trade you saddle info for deer hunting advice? I'm in my early 60's and decided I was getting too old to haul a climber around, so I switched a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Welcome from Michigan.
Seems like lots of guys from that area. Hopefully someone can help get you started.
Have you filtered thru all the hours of YouTube videos?
Climb sticks. Set up so the deer are between you and the tree if possible. Wait patiently and kill em..

Welcome from NH. I've hunted once around Prattsburg NY (west end of finger lakes) and once up along St Lawrence but havent been back for a few years.

I'm sure you'll enjoy saddle hunting- although I am always surprised to hear some occasional newbie decide it "isnt for them." I expect they just didnt give it a chance and play with with adjusting it to find what works for them or just had the wrong saddle and/or size for them. Some get it 1st try, some need to play with it a bit.

Note: so far I have not had the deer right in My Lap, like @MattMan81 suggests!

Check out the sh member map there should be some close to you I am in central NY..

Back