• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wood Box from Pallets

BowhunterXC

I found a source for pallets and after watching several videos on YouTube, I came up with an idea for a Wood Box. This would give me a place to store the firewood that I split by hand and keep it dry. I have some trim work to do on the ends and then it'll be finished. It'll be nice to have dry wood to start fires, for a change. :) Plus, this looks better than a random pile of split wood. :cool:
Wood Box 3.jpg

Nice work! I'd throw a few extra supports under the pallets while you have access, my pallet bases collapsed/rotted after a few years and the wood is back on the ground. More due to my neglect than anything.(and mine didn't have a roof, you'll likely survive longer due to yours)

Nice work! I'd throw a few extra supports under the pallets while you have access, my pallet bases collapsed/rotted after a few years and the wood is back on the ground. More due to my neglect than anything.(and mine didn't have a roof, you'll likely survive longer due to yours)
If you nail pallet boards perpendicular to the ones on the pallet, it'll make it like a deck and it's super strong. :cool:
I may attempt to build a storage shed or a mini cabin out of pallets, for my next project.
Something less elaborate than what this guy is building. :)
Pallet House

I use pallets to stack wood in various places around my property. Pallet bottom, two pallet sides and then cross brace across the top. Then when needed I use the tractor to pick the pallet up and drop off at the basement door. I've slowly been putting the pallets up on blocks as they were rotting very quickly sitting on the ground.

I'll have to try burning to see if I get better results from rotting.

I use pallets to stack wood in various places around my property. Pallet bottom, two pallet sides and then cross brace across the top. Then when needed I use the tractor to pick the pallet up and drop off at the basement door. I've slowly been putting the pallets up on blocks as they were rotting very quickly sitting on the ground.

I'll have to try burning to see if I get better results from rotting.
Shou sugi ban. Burn it and oil it and apparently it's pretty darn rot resistant.

Back