• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Worst case scenario

kidneystones_3000

This my is my question what if i am using the one stick climbing method and for whatever reason my climbing stick falls the ground and my cellphone battery is dead (i am just using this for and example). From my information i was told if you hang from a tree from a tree for a long period of time it cuts circulation from legs and could eventually kill you.

1 first question how would i use a suspension relief strap with my tree saddle how i hook it?
2 ) how you you recommend climbing down the tree?

I one stick up and rappel down. I have once had my stick fall off the tree as I was climbing. I don't know I didn't get the rope fully in the cam cleat or if I stepped on the tag end and pulled it out of the cleat. Either way, I was left hanging with my stick on the ground. I have two options for such an issue that I had to choose between.

Option 1: I carry a small weighted treble hook that I can use as a grapple to retrieve things I have dropped. I could have pulled up my bow, atached it to the tree and used my pull up rope to grapple the stick.

Option 2: I have 40 ft of rappel rope and necessary equipment to rappel to the ground in my pack In the occasion I'm referring to I girth hitched my rappel line to the tree, hooked it to my bridge, transferred my weight to it and rappelled back down the tree and picked up my stick and reattached it to continue back up the tree.

Either way would have worked.

I one stick up and rappel down. I have once had my stick fall off the tree as I was climbing. I don't know I didn't get the rope fully in the cam cleat or if I stepped on the tag end and pulled it out of the cleat. Either way, I was left hanging with my stick on the ground. I have two options for such an issue that I had to choose between.

Option 1: I carry a small weighted treble hook that I can use as a grapple to retrieve things I have dropped. I could have pulled up my bow, atached it to the tree and used my pull up rope to grapple the stick.

Option 2: I have 40 ft of rappel rope and necessary equipment to rappel to the ground in my pack In the occasion I'm referring to I girth hitched my rappel line to the tree, hooked it to my bridge, transferred my weight to it and rappelled back down the tree and picked up my stick and reattached it to continue back up the tree.

Either way would have worked.
I'm

Would a suspension relief strap work how would it work with a TREE SADDLE. I will tell you what happened to me i was using the one stick method and climbing down the tree. I went to far down i could reach the bottom of my climbing stick but i couldn't pull my self up for 20 minutes

From my information i was told if you hang from a tree from a tree for a long period of time it cuts circulation from legs and could eventually kill you.
Due to the way the leg straps hold your weight this can happen in a traditional treestand harness, however this is not the case with a tree saddle. Hence a suspension relief strap is not necessary.

I was at hunting height using a ring of steps and the top of my hawk helium when it kicked out and dropped.

I was able to use an emergency screw in step I carry and my lineman’s belt to take my weight and lower my tether down enough to then use some webbing I had in my bag to hook the stick and pull it up and reconnect it.

After that I realized climbing with a 30’ tether eliminated any issues with stick drop. The natural evolution is that I always rappel down. In addition I’ve integrated SRT into my system so I can move down and up the rope as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would a suspension relief strap work how would it work with a TREE SADDLE. I will tell you what happened to me i was using the one stick method and climbing down the tree. I went to far down i could reach the bottom of my climbing stick but i couldn't pull my self up for 20 minutes

Carry a couple prusik loops (you can make them yourself). In your situation you could wrap the prusik and attach the suspension relief strap to your tether and SRT up the tether.

If you switch to a 30’ tether you can always rappel down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back