• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Would like to try out a saddle before I buy

David Brooks

Oct 29, 2019
If there is anyone near Culpeper VA that has a spare saddle or would like to show me how to use one. I have a week off in November to hunt during the rut, I can supply the property 1,000 acres for the opportunity to try out a saddle. If you are interested please let me know.

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Sep 11, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
I’m sure someone will help you out, check out the saddle hunter map. If it doesn’t shake out I might come hunt VA ......lol just shoot me a PM if nobody gets w/you.

Bigterp

Staff member
SH Member
Sep 11, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland

Alan zanona

Jul 23, 2019
Chicago
The first try will not feel as comfortable as the 10th. Practice will vastly improve your opinion.

GCTerpfan

Staff member
SH Member
Aug 11, 2017
Garrett County, MD
Well.... I happen to have a place at Lake Anna and plan on buying my VA license to hunt a family members place near Barboursville in December. What week do you have off?

Recurveaholic

Dec 23, 2018
If you cannot find anyone I live in NC and maybe we could meet up just let me know!!!

David Brooks

Oct 29, 2019
Sure you are close enough do you have setup someone can try out or would be able to show me how it all works.

David Brooks

Oct 29, 2019
I have off November 11thro15 that seems when I have the best luck but if that not good I have place to hunt with good deer if you would like to come and hunt with me and show me your set up and let me try out a saddle. I can send you pics of the one taken in the past. Not sure what size I need either.