• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Would this work for a sitdrag harness?

Huntingbob

I had an idea of integrating a lone wolf harness into a sitdrag to make a the sling safer to use by itself. My idea was to cut off the shoulder portion of the harness ( the gray steps on the top) and sew the belt portion into the sit drag. That way you have the belt to hold the sit drag in place and the the leg straps are there to prevent you from slipping out if you fall. You also have the original lineman loops on the harness for backup. Anyone see a problem with this idea?
c183c91b5f44e7d64ed0c97de009dfd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I had an idea of integrating a lone wolf harness into a sitdrag to make a the sling safer to use by itself. My idea was to cut off the shoulder portion of the harness ( the gray steps on the top) and sew the belt portion into the sit drag. That way you have the belt to hold the sit drag in place and the the leg straps are there to prevent you from slipping out if you fall. You also have the original lineman loops on the harness for backup. Anyone see a problem with this idea?
c183c91b5f44e7d64ed0c97de009dfd2.jpg

Wouldn't sewing it in with the waist belt on the harness hinder the sit drag from being your seat?

^^^ yes it will. The sitdrag will be to high. I used a harness like that it worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't sewing it in with the waist belt on the harness hinder the sit drag from being your seat?
My idea was to loosen the belt slightly once in the tree and slip the sit drag under my butt. The leg straps would still be in place.

Cutting pieces off of a harness that wasn't anclikbing harness to begin with is sketchy. Harnesses are made to distribute the load evenly

If I were to sew a sit drag to that harness it wouldn't be much sewing. Maybe three small straps 3/4 inch or so sewed from the waist belt to the sit drag. Figure out how long they need to be to allow the sit drag to hang down to where you want it to sit. You would need a short bridge so you could clip the linesmans loops into the bottom of your tether. If your harness is hooked to your tether you only need enough sewed on to keep the sit drag from falling down to your knees when you take weight off it to adjust your tether.

Back