• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Would this work?

It might get you through a few heavy projects, but I wouldn't count on any type of longevity out of it.

I agree, the longevity of that machine is questionable. The Singer 201 is really a workhorse. They are not hard to find in good working order, but can get pricey. They kinda have a cult following. My wife has 2 of them, and I'm not allowed to use them. She sews for me with em. I did try a 99 model and it really struggled. I am going to buy my own 201 and paint it camo.

I agree, the longevity of that machine is questionable. The Singer 201 is really a workhorse. They are not hard to find in good working order, but can get pricey. They kinda have a cult following. My wife has 2 of them, and I'm not allowed to use them. She sews for me with em. I did try a 99 model and it really struggled. I am going to buy my own 201 and paint it camo.

CAMO THREAD PUNCHER!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!

I found a singer 237 in great condition for 80 bucks. It took me a few weeks of searching but it was worth it. All metal and it will sew through multiple layers of webbing. You might try and find one of those older machines. A lot of them are "locked up" and sold cheap but just need to be cleaned and oiled. I think the 237 was the last all metal machine, but I could be wrong. The 237 has zigzag stitch and adjustable stitch length which I used when putting molle webbing on to my harness but I guess you could get by without that. Good luck.

Back