• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wow pretty crazy the extent people will go

I honestly don't know what level of hell that type of personality belong in. So what's the thought process (if there way any)? That you cause a guy to get hurt and he'll leave the hunting spot alone?

I'm not victim blaming here, but I don't understand the gentleman that got hurt either. After the first (even second) encounter with the clearly messed up jailbird, I would of stay clear away from the area. No spot is worth it if I have to deal with those type of people.

Many years ago we had a deranged individual was taking pot shots at hunters and shot at a friend of mine. If you knew my friend he is the last one to shoot at- he is a real good shot and would definitely return fire. I defend someone's right to dislike hunting but harassing armed hunters is not a very intelligent way to display this. What this person did in essential making a deadly trap in the U.P. definitely deserves punishment.

I honestly don't know what level of hell that type of personality belong in. So what's the thought process (if there way any)? That you cause a guy to get hurt and he'll leave the hunting spot alone?

I'm not victim blaming here, but I don't understand the gentleman that got hurt either. After the first (even second) encounter with the clearly messed up jailbird, I would of stay clear away from the area. No spot is worth it if I have to deal with those type of people.

Pride and ego. Base building block for most sins and crimes. Some view walking away as a weakness.

And who wants a spot that’s getting that kind of pressure?

I would expect this from a disgruntled wife but hunter on hunter sabotage… that’s as low as it gets.

Moral of this story don't argue or fight with idiots. They are not smart enough to know the consequences of their actions and there for don't care, which can make for dangerous people.

This guy definitely got off easy, maybe he is friends with the judge? That how it works in my town at least. The other hunter was extremely lucky to be alive. Push the testosterone down and just move on from situations like this.

Back