• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wow....Trophyline hooked Levi Morgan

HuumanCreed

SH Member
I'll admit, I am a Levi Morgan fan. I admire his skills and passion. I'm not delusional, he is a 'prostaff' after all so his decisions are usually 50% business decision also. I'm pretty sure he's at a level where he can win with any equipment so whoever give the sweetest deal that make sense to his business usually is the one he go with.

So make me wonder how much it costed TL to signed him. Tethrd seem to got Chris Bee and the Hunting Public in their camp. Wonder who else are going after the big names.

I'm hoping EWO sign Clay Hayes!

From what I understand the owner of TX5 did created the saddle for TL. Its one of those partnership that offer a massed produced product, while keeping the custom business for the higher end saddles that people are willing to pay extra for the customizations.

You see this a lot. Bob Lee got burned out making bows for AMF, he was pushing 300 bows a month or something like that. He didn't want to do that anymore so sold the company. Then he started making custom bows with his son and grandson. a few dozens a year.

Hey guys. this is Shawn from TL. Matthew Tompkins and I have been friends for some time now and have I been a big fan of his work. A year ago he and i were talking about saddles and where the category was going. He had some ideas, i had some ideas and that's when I said we should collaborate on a design. So we got to work. Just like anything it starts with an idea then you start tweaking and tweaking and tweaking. haha! The end result is the Venatic. It has a lot of great features that we both came up with. Loved working with Mathew. We also knew we wanted it built in the USA. Easier said then done when you want to build lots of these. We ended up finding a great partner in Florida. As for Levi. He and I have known each other for some time now. We actually only live 40 mins a part. Trust me - he doesn't use anything he doesn't believe in. In fact we have great interview with him coming out where he talks about never really wanting to use a saddle, to trying it last season and now will never hunt any other way. he ended up having his best year ever. Some of those hunts which you will be able to see on his show, he makes a move on the deer and slips into an area that he wouldn't be able to get a hang on in the tree. Especially with a cameraman. The hunts are pretty epic.

Hey guys. this is Shawn from TL. Matthew Tompkins and I have been friends for some time now and have I been a big fan of his work. A year ago he and i were talking about saddles and where the category was going. He had some ideas, i had some ideas and that's when I said we should collaborate on a design. So we got to work. Just like anything it starts with an idea then you start tweaking and tweaking and tweaking. haha! The end result is the Venatic. It has a lot of great features that we both came up with. Loved working with Mathew. We also knew we wanted it built in the USA. Easier said then done when you want to build lots of these. We ended up finding a great partner in Florida. As for Levi. He and I have known each other for some time now. We actually only live 40 mins a part. Trust me - he doesn't use anything he doesn't believe in. In fact we have great interview with him coming out where he talks about never really wanting to use a saddle, to trying it last season and now will never hunt any other way. he ended up having his best year ever. Some of those hunts which you will be able to see on his show, he makes a move on the deer and slips into an area that he wouldn't be able to get a hang on in the tree. Especially with a cameraman. The hunts are pretty epic.
where can his shows be viewed? Youtube?

Thank you for the added 'behind the story' details Shawn! The context help with the understanding of how the Levi came into the saddle world. If my post seem like a negative comment it was not meant to be. I keep track of Levi's Proving Ground and he is going insane on the whitetails. I just assumed there was a sponsorship deal, my mistake and I apologies! I'm excited that one of the most well known hunter is using a saddle. It was not to disparate if there was a deal in place. The point I was trying to make was that Levi is so good, he can make good sponsorship decisions that is good for his brand and that he can trust the product.

Thank you for the added 'behind the story' details Shawn! The context help with the understanding of how the Levi came into the saddle world. If my post seem like a negative comment it was not meant to be. I keep track of Levi's Proving Ground and he is going insane on the whitetails. I just assumed there was a sponsorship deal, my mistake and I apologies! I'm excited that one of the most well known hunter is using a saddle. It was not to disparate if there was a deal in place. The point I was trying to make was that Levi is so good, he can make good sponsorship decisions that is good for his brand and that he can trust the product.
No misunderstanding at all! I just wanted people to have the story on how it happened.

Hey guys I will back what Shawn (@Ferg ) says. I had the pleasure of speaking with him at length a few times now (Business side of saddles) and he is a stand up guy who has no issues answering questions, responding and even reaching out to fellow saddle manufacturers about issues that arise. That is very rare within this Industry and I applaud him for it.
I am definitely going to get one of these saddles to show at our next big demo day.

The saddle industry, firearms industry, auto industry and so on are just that, an industry. The number one marketing tool for any business is social media. Pro surfers, skateboarders, fishermen etc have been doing it for years. It benefits both the sponsored individual, the company and the masses buying what the company sponsored athlete is selling. Hello Michael Jordan. So when a company sponsors well recognized performers in any industry everyone benefits from it. The company gets sales, the sponsor gets free gear to keep pushing developments for future models and the consumer gets the benefits of reviews from people who know their industry.

The saddle industry, firearms industry, auto industry and so on are just that, an industry. The number one marketing tool for any business is social media. Pro surfers, skateboarders, fishermen etc have been doing it for years. It benefits both the sponsored individual, the company and the masses buying what the company sponsored athlete is selling. Hello Michael Jordan. So when a company sponsors well recognized performers in any industry everyone benefits from it. The company gets sales, the sponsor gets free gear to keep pushing developments for future models and the consumer gets the benefits of reviews from people who know their industry.

We also get higher prices. Do we really need some shill telling us how we can walk undetected into the woods if we just use a certain magic spray bottle of no smell juice?

I don’t know most of the names in this thread, but I’d question the “benefit” of any review coming from someone getting paid for it.

Now Rut Daniels getting signed by Mossy Oak is the real story here.

I know, right? His name is all over Swhacker Broadheads now as well and he has his own line with them. The companies go on and on about how awesome and important he is, but I had never heard of him prior to seeing his name on Swhacker broadheads maybe 6 months ago, and have still never seen him on any sort of hunting show, video or article. And I watch and read a lot of those.

Certainly not knocking him or the products. I'm sure they're great. I just find the whole thing amusing. Almost reminds me of Rut Daniels from Catchin' Deers...leaves you wondering if it's actually a real person or not :laughing:

You could say he's the best bow shot in the world when it comes to competition. More than 13 time world champ at ATA and IBO. His show Bowlife is on the Sportsman channel.

what does rubberized waist belt mean? i hope all the force goes on the webbing and buckle and not a strip of rubber

Last edited:
what does rubberized waist belt mean? i hope all the force goes on the webbing and buckle and not a strip of rubber
I think they are referring to the inner neoprene used inside the saddle. The rubber like material will grip your clothing better (for guys that have problems with their saddle riding up or clothes sliding down) or perhaps it could be the rubber lazier cut mollie on the belt???? It’s my understanding that the waist belt itself moves freely in between the materials similar to the “freedom belt” on Tethrd Phantom XL or the OG latitude saddles….. but perhaps I misunderstood what was being shown in the review video.

Back