• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB - Easy 3d printing job - part needed bought please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyler1945

SH Member
I need a part printed:

A “washer” that’s

1.7” OD

.125” ID

.1” thickness

Material compatible with diesel

As smooth as possible - I have no concept of 3d printing. Just thought id toss this in there.

If there’s no big cost difference between 2 and 5, I’ll take 5.

Thanks!

How smooth is acceptable? What surface is most critical to be smooth? I could do one flat side on a smooth build plate and it would have less than an 32 RA surface finish while the OD/ID/one flat side would have layer lines. It could be printed at .110” and the other side sanded. With fdm printing there will always be layer lines and the materials that can be solvent smoothed likely won’t play well with diesel. PETG is a good filament for that (same plastic as soda bottles with glycol added).

I can sand one side.

Wanna make em?!

How smooth is acceptable? What surface is most critical to be smooth? I could do one flat side on a smooth build plate and it would have less than an 32 RA surface finish while the OD/ID/one flat side would have layer lines. It could be printed at .110” and the other side sanded. With fdm printing there will always be layer lines and the materials that can be solvent smoothed likely won’t play well with diesel. PETG is a good filament for that (same plastic as soda bottles with glycol added).

Nice work. I have a few 3d printers if someone has the stl file

If someone wants to make it a little more intricate, PM me. I would imagine you can sell them to make a little side hustle. I spent about three hours searching for this exact thing and it’s not for sale anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back