• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

X stand Platform

ColeK1994

Wondering if anyone has tried using an xstand climber base as a platform? im in the process of deciding on what i want to use as a platform and figured id give this a try. Both stand sections together weigh only 12 pounds so id imagine the base maybe weighs 7 or 8 lbs. not the lightest but i figured since i already have it, id give it a try!

Wondering if anyone has tried using an xstand climber base as a platform? im in the process of deciding on what i want to use as a platform and figured id give this a try. Both stand sections together weigh only 12 pounds so id imagine the base maybe weighs 7 or 8 lbs. not the lightest but i figured since i already have it, id give it a try!

Sounds like it would probably work just fine. I tried a DIY platform (wood insert for WE Stepp) it worked and functioned but then I bought the predator. The predator is amazing. I really have no clue what I would change. Lightweight and packable....add it to your Christmas list. You will never try anything else!

DIY stuff is super fun to tinker with and if you already have everything I think it's worth a shot. If you decide you want to upgrade you can always sell your homebrew platform to someone and put the funds towards an improved one. I bet with all the predators being sold people will be getting rid of old platforms left and right. You could probably get a sweet deal soon.

Youll probably need an additional strap at the base otherwise side pressure is going to kick it out. I do this with my hangons in situations I want a platform to stand on. Works well.

Youll probably need an additional strap at the base otherwise side pressure is going to kick it out. I do this with my hangons in situations I want a platform to stand on. Works well.
That is what i was kind of planning on doing since the base for this stand put pressure upwards loosening up the grip on the tree anyways! Thanks!

Back