• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Xop platform mod

Cajun Kamikaze

I love climbing with xop seat from my hand climber. It's fast, quiet and easy with the types of timbers growing in my hunting areas. Very little low lying branches to manuver. Problem is you could easily loose it from under your feet with no solid attachment machanism. I hunt with a set of 4 pegs on a strap so descided to modularize the system and turn the xop into a hybrid using those straps. Here is what i've got for a moch up.
3d8e205e09cab4bd674da365a4e70e6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ah I see now. Makes sense.

I'd use Amsteel continuous loops in place of the webbing. It has 8,000 lb breaking strength and could be spliced directly to the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Also with a platform that big, I think you could get away with only 2 or 3 Ameristeps at the most.

When I use a Muddy stick platform base, I only use 2 Ameristeps. When I use an XOP platform, I generally don't use any.

Good luck! Love this idea.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Ah I see now. Makes sense.

I'd use Amsteel continuous loops in place of the webbing. It has 8,000 lb breaking strength and could be spliced directly to the platform.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Solid! Thanks

Also with a platform that big, I think you could get away with only 2 or 3 Ameristeps at the most.

When I use a Muddy stick platform base, I only use 2 Ameristeps. When I use an XOP platform, I generally don't use any.

Good luck! Love this idea.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
I can't get comfortable yet leaning off the right side to turn and shoot.

Work great I use this same set up but I only use 1 step. ocb works great at locking the platform down. I recommend girth hitching the end loop of your strap opposite of the buckle then girth hitching the continuous loop webbing I think bowhunter15 started a thread on here about that. I love my xop hand climber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slide your left arm under your tether. It gives you stability so you can lean on it to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So you guys don't really step behind the tree with a platform? I'm saying right shooting, facing tree deer at 4oclock?

Work great I use this same set up but I only use 1 step. ocb works great at locking the platform down. I recommend girth hitching the end loop of your strap opposite of the buckle then girth hitching the continuous loop webbing I think bowhunter15 started a thread on here about that. I love my xop hand climber!

Hey 20ftup...do you have a picture by chance? I'm trying to envision what you did to your XOP to lock it down, but having some trouble picturing what you did.
Thanks!
Brent

So you guys don't really step behind the tree with a platform? I'm saying right shooting, facing tree deer at 4oclock?

4 o’clock would be your right butt cheek facing tree. You might have to slack a little on tether but maybe not depends on setup. But if you try to put bow in left hand and reach around and transfer it to right hand. Then slide left arm under tether it goes on left shoulder. Then transfer bow back to left hand re arraign your feet and you can shoot from 1 o’clock to 6 o’clock without a problem. Try at ground level till your comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey 20ftup...do you have a picture by chance? I'm trying to envision what you did to your XOP to lock it down, but having some trouble picturing what you did.
Thanks!
Brent

7eceb9da67f34364201c49aade24df9c.jpg
86180efb692ee5817311b0d7f744dd0d.jpg
b8b8504284724d9027bb1d6194ca7788.jpg
281607105d27992d109193b1cdb8a5ff.jpg

Just took some quick pics strap should be lower but you get the idea.

7eceb9da67f34364201c49aade24df9c.jpg
86180efb692ee5817311b0d7f744dd0d.jpg
b8b8504284724d9027bb1d6194ca7788.jpg
281607105d27992d109193b1cdb8a5ff.jpg

Just took some quick pics strap should be lower but you get the idea.

I’m going to mess around more with this in the off season I believe it would work better if the strap was anchored toward the front of the platform. Always room for improvements lol.

I don't bother strapping down my xop hand climber anymore, I did for a while, when I did endless ratchet was how I did it. I carry 3 ameristeps on one strap with ocb that I put above the xop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I seen someone on here add a bar on a hinge with a batwing on top with versa button. I’ll probably try that route first that way you can actually get the platform to cam over. I jealous of those of you that can you steps as platform very uncomfortable for me.

Made a hunt today and used the set up on a large pine and a smaller hardwood. With the larger trees, 2 ameristep, and with smaller trees just one. I fiddled with it for a while, probably why i didnt see any deer.
cd403e781e468961ff913b0ad4019ff1.jpg
fbd24539fab56dba8f0b5ad53d3aac92.jpg
94b53bcd90233ee44317b65ccb56238a.jpg
cd4ffda1ef9ec88751d7ad2b795fa66c.jpg
33a2394fbd803795098c5b4d891f73c2.jpg

Back