• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP platform question

Islandshooter

SH Member
Just lucked into an XOP seat platform. Watched Greg's video on it, just checking with y'all to see what options are there.
Girth hitch around edge with buckle end. Around twice and over the anchor piece before camming it in. Right? IMG_20181222_144655921.jpg

That tab has a history of breaking. I don’t use it. I girth hutch both ends of strap and feed it thru in the tree. It’s annoying but I feel much more confident in the safety of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some short custom straps made with loop on one end and vinyl coated hook on the other. Can connect right back to cam buckle if using LW or XOP strap. I have a few left. Mentioned this in another thread here somewhere, can’t rememberwhich one.
664684ce9d7de0427d3ebad0035ca6e1.jpg

I had some short custom straps made with loop on one end and vinyl coated hook on the other. Can connect right back to cam buckle if using LW or XOP strap. I have a few left. Mentioned this in another thread here somewhere, can’t rememberwhich one.
664684ce9d7de0427d3ebad0035ca6e1.jpg

DanO, want to part with one if you find the extras? I guess I could thread it thru like Jefferson said above, that might be a pain in the dark tho. Thanks. Pm me if you can part with one

Make sure the buckle is turned upside down, before flipping it I have accidentally stepped on the buckle twice and it released while hunting
818c9ac98161c992a454f933dc77bc02.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Make sure the buckle is turned upside down, before flipping it I have accidentally stepped on the buckle twice and it released while hunting
818c9ac98161c992a454f933dc77bc02.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Good info there! Thanks. I'm sure I would've seen that, but I'm always grateful for shortcuts to safer hunts!

That tab has a history of breaking. I don’t use it. I girth hutch both ends of strap and feed it thru in the tree. It’s annoying but I feel much more confident in the safety of it.

Just tried it with the green strap That came with the platform. Definitely easier than rethreading a lone wolf. Got all off season to figure it out! Thanks

Back